• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How to train fighting?

Lodev

Wood
I can't figure out how to train fighting.

Monsters are way harder than in vanilla minecraft. A spider or zombie kill me in 3 hits, and I need a gazillion hits to kill them (with stone sword).

I tried training around a graveyard, but it seems everytime I die my experience is reset to 0. And I die every second monster I kill. So I'm NEVER gonna get the next combat level!

Thanks.

Lodev

Wood
.../hero choose warrior

Yes, I did that already, already when I just started in the floating island.

How many hits with a stone sword is a spider supposed to take if you're a new warrior? Seems like 10-20 to me.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
Try grinding in big parties at the mob arena, that will help you get started xp wise.

Be sure to go in with a bunch of other people otherwise you are sure to get owned.

:p

Trop

Lodev

Wood
What are the coordinates of the mob arena?

Also, if I happen to die there, how can I get a proper sword quickly?

Because if I need 15 minutes to find a tree (of which there are almost none left in the world), wood, and stone to make a new sword everytime I die, it's gonna be useless to spend time training there!

Thanks!

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Bring a diamond to the arena and that's all you need. Once in the arena they give you armor/weapons available for your class.

Troppics

Legacy Supporter 3
The Mob arena can be accessed via the Nexus. (those portals around spawn)

From the Nexus, go down a level and take a portal to the arena of your choice. (Eg. Sewer, Temp or Castle)

There you can buy a diamond for 10c this will then be used as your entry fee into the Mob arena when you use the command /ma join <arena name>

In the arena you can choose gear for your class and you will be given armour and weapons to use in the arena for free! These weapons will be the best you can use for your class.

Then wait until you have at least a few people and a party then have everyone hit the iron block to begin. If you die in the arena you will spawn in the spectator area where you can wait for your teammates to finish. Repeat this process and earn LOADS of xp :)

Trop

Lodev

Wood
Hi,

I tried to find the mob arena in game, and ask in chat. However, the only thing people responded there, was that I should train in the wild instead, which, as indicated in this thread, is not going well.

I tried to ask where the mob arena is, but that question got ignored in in-game chat. The only thing they said was: wilderness.

I ended up in something called "dragon arena" but it was completely empty.

Since you guys seem more helpful on the forum... Where is the mob arena? And where can I buy that diamond for it? (Got the money). And will I be guaranteed to be able to join a party?

Thanks!

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
You can go to the nexus at spawn (the portals near the smaller dragons around the Spawn Fall Spot), and then go down the water in the Nexus. There you will find portals to all of the Mob Arenas currently implemented. Where I buy my diamonds for MA is at the Sewer MA.

Thunli

Glowing Redstone
Yep, that happened to me as well. The best way for me is for you to find some iron and make a iron sword which will much lethal kill.

What are the coordinates of the mob arena?

Also, if I happen to die there, how can I get a proper sword quickly?

Because if I need 15 minutes to find a tree (of which there are almost none left in the world), wood, and stone to make a new sword everytime I die, it's gonna be useless to spend time training there!

Thanks!

First of all, you should try to join a town http://herocraftonline.com/forum/index.php?forums/official-townships.30/ . Towns are good when it comes to helping each others and they can help you out with the basic stuff.
And it's a horrible idea to gain resources and exp near to spawn, since you'll probably find more PvPers than trees out there. The mob arena is good when it comes to grinding, but you should really try to find a town (or at least a safe base) before you start worrying about gaining levels. :)