• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How much griefing is acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Lately many people have been to my and my friends base.
Our base has two parts not whit conection or tunnels just in the same area.
Some people do we see and some is unseen...

Today I spotted a person in one of the part of our base and killed him (got low on health then), and 5mins later the same guy came again whit no wepond I saw him and ran after him, trough our tunnels. Suddenly he started cobbeling the tunnel, and recalled. I made a pe saying that someone cobbeled our base entranse, I got to answer that I should remove the cobble. I understand that HC staff is buissy so the answer and reaction was alright. Then I logged of in 2-3 houers while I did somehing else.

When I logged on I tought I wanted to do something in the other part of our base, that part is seperated, so you have to go outside to get there. All our base does not have doors it is the kind remove some randome dirt blocks and get threre. When I got outside the first ting I saw was that where it used to be dirt at the top of the entranse to the other part of the base it was now stone. When it was ONE single stone block In the middle of dirt land it was easy for everyone to say that here is someones base. I got down and had a look it was some of the same thing that happen down there. Some of our secret chests that was under floor covered whit dirt (most natural) was now covered whit smooth stone.

One of the first thing I see when I am on raid is if the material in rooms are natural or is there to cover something, when someone come and remove dirt blocks in from of enrenses and replace them whit smooth stone, is that ok?

It don't took long time to fix the grief, but I guess on that time it is some more raiders that know about our base, cause someone didn't replace the blocks they removed whit the righ material...

(I have not made a pe on the last)

Something to think about...
(Just in case any TreeCreeper read this, no I don't try getting anyone banned here eiteher).

Didn't know where to post this. :p

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
If it takes you a short amount of time to do, then its best to just do it yourself. I would still PE it, and instead of saying "can you fix this" say "can you find out who griefed and watch this user so he/she doesnt do it to others." A block here and there isn't bad, but if they make it a habit, I think they should be punished

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
If it's smooth stone, it's their disadvantage in that they need to use coal and picks to provide protection for their chests. In a way you're doing them a favor by replacing dirt.

Replacing the stone with dirt would be as bad as the guy who cobbled your base: Nothing to whine about.

Howdanrocks

Legacy Supporter 4
Small things add up. If the people who keep griefing you keep doing so, they will get banned.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Griefing is griefing. A user griefing should be kept an eye on for minor grief or suspended for major grief. You can't just cobble up a staircase, then Recall out.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Now I found some signs that we had messages on destroyd, and our message is replaces whit Thank you AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
I believe it is the same person who cobbeled our stair, made our base easy spotted, made a hole in a roof, broke a fence so snow gollems did go in our base and made averything snowy ;(
I am still trying to clean up in our base after one or many persons that had have fun in here ;(

Outern

Legacy Supporter 7
Lets just pe everything and they will get punished eventualy. I will pe the hole in my roof later today.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Replacing signs with new text? That should be illegal. It was important info on these signs. We gotta get those regions!

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Let me guess. They found all your HIDDEN chests in your HIDDEN room? Luckily you got LWC's.

Today I spotted a person in one of the part of our base and killed him (got low on health then), and 5mins later the same guy came again whit no wepond I saw him and ran after him, trough our tunnels. Suddenly he started cobbeling the tunnel, and recalled. I made a pe saying that someone cobbeled our base entranse, I got to answer that I should remove the cobble. I understand that HC staff is buissy so the answer and reaction was alright. Then I logged of in 2-3 houers while I did somehing else.

When I logged on I tought I wanted to do something in the other part of our base, that part is seperated, so you have to go outside to get there. All our base does not have doors it is the kind remove some randome dirt blocks and get threre. When I got outside the first ting I saw was that where it used to be dirt at the top of the entranse to the other part of the base it was now stone. When it was ONE single stone block In the middle of dirt land it was easy for everyone to say that here is someones base. I got down and had a look it was some of the same thing that happen down there. Some of our secret chests that was under floor covered whit dirt (most natural) was now covered whit smooth stone.

One of the first thing I see when I am on raid is if the material in rooms are natural or is there to cover something, when someone come and remove dirt blocks in from of enrenses and replace them whit smooth stone, is that ok?

It don't took long time to fix the grief, but I guess on that time it is some more raiders that know about our base, cause someone didn't replace the blocks they removed whit the righ material...

(I have not made a pe on the last)

Something to think about...
(Just in case any TreeCreeper read this, no I don't try getting anyone banned here eiteher).

Didn't know where to post this. :p

Your English, it makes my head hurt :confused:

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
good rule of thumb:

Dont rage in o chat, or any chat. yes it sucks, but be mature about it.
Use /pe new yourcomments here for example --> /pe new My base got greifed, stone block missing etc
and STAND near the grief location when you do the /pe.. Location,Location,Location !

Next dont ask for names, or how they got punished,or bother staff/helpchat with "omzors i opened a pe and i havent gotten a reply "
They got a TON of stuff to keep the server fun and running smoothly, so trust them, they will get to it as fast as they can !!

Trust the staff !! ( they are beyond awesome !)

Each case will be different from the next. A greifer will always cause issues and not care about the other players they are with on the server. I

Best method is not to be upset much, yeah you got greifed, I feel your pain, but little by little the nasty greifers will be removed.

Enforcement

• Warnings will be given for any infringement as follows.
    • First warning: Player receives a warning.
    • Second warning: Player receives a 3-day suspension.
    • Third warning: Player receives a 1-week suspension.
    • Fourth warning: Player receives a 1-month suspension.
    • Fifth warning: Player receives a permanent ban.

If we all continue to be the great community we are and can continue to BE AWESOME # 1 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.