• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How has minecraft changed since you started playing?

When Did you Start Playing Minecraft?

• Total voters

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Now that minecraft is actually going to be released today I though it would be fun to make a thread asking about how minecraft has changed in however long you have been playing. This is not really pointed at Herocraft but feel free to mention anything you want.

So I started playing back in mid September of last year and would play singleplayer casually. There were no biomes or weather, there wasnt any other realm (Nether, The End), But the maps were amazing still, honestly I kinda miss the old biome less maps, they would generate amazing landscapes and the permanent snow maps were fun.

I didn't try multiplayer until late October were a joined a couple terrible servers with a horrible automated economy system with absolutely no balance. After trying a few servers I eventually found Herocraft which didnt suck and have been here ever since. Also, the player cap was 35 and it would lag horribly if that many people were on.

Back then multiplayer was beyond glitchy, there want any kind of damage system so you could literally mine in a lava lake (and most people did). You could even drop your tools so that they regained there durability. We also had Hmod which sucked, but it had the best block protections plugins (Cuboid and Realms) which none of the Bukkit protections plugins have even came close to.

Trizze

Legacy Supporter 2
I remember when the inventory wasn't server-side :p It wiped everytime you logged off...

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
It seems like forever since I started somewhere in 1.3 Beta and happen no clue how anything worked (I couldn't figure out how to break blocks lol). I still have my first map and will never get rid of it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Things I remember from ye olde days:
  • Drop repair your tools
  • The only mobs in SMP were chickens (but they'd sound like all the mobs)
  • Being able to freely region stuff, and making massive regions for myself
  • Being absolutely shitty at building
  • No damage meant jumping off of things was fun, not deadly.
  • Runecraft teleporters allowing for construction projects all over the map
  • Kainzo actually playing Minecraft

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
  • Drop repair your tools

maybe he does play, he did say at one point that he was gonna make a secret alt account for heroes. He could be any of us D:

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
  • Drop repair your tools

I forgot about the chicken bug lol

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I started when Alpha was released, played SSP for a few months then got into SMP. Hated it because I couldn't find a good server, then I found Herocraft, and that's pretty much it. All the stuff Alator mentioned from SMP I remember, and something to add to it was that paintings didn't show on other's screens. So I use to hide my shit behind paintings, and it would all be gone the next day and I never understood why until someone told me.

Fence glitching, anyone? I remember trying to kill IkaosI and accidentally jumping on a fence and lagging so much he couldn't kill me XD.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Man I remember where there was no mobs but chickens, all the grass was the same shade of green. No biomes, no nether(sad day), and the wonders of runecraft.

I wasn't playing on HC till beta though. However I remember Alpha quite well

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I started playing Minecraft about a month or so before the Halloween Update, and I remember having this really good snow map, nice base and mine, the whole thing. Then, I would browse through some servers, found one, which then closed, then joined a Minecraft clan, which I'm still apart of. Then, I found Herocraft, and after multiple attempts, I started playing in around February.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I remember Beta 1.2, putting fences under my friends stairs, then watch him rage so hard :p

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I call myself an Alpha-Beta hybrid. I bought it while it was in alpha. Transaction failed. I waited 1 hour, and got beta instead of Alpha. But since the day Beta came out.

I also loved the flying squids. Wished they were still in.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I remember a time where infinite durability was easy to have. Duping was common and widespread, and I was able to fly around in a boat on servers without being detected- back in a day before pvp, because health was not done server side. Squid didn't exist. All the worlds that were created looked a lot like "Castle" (And I fucking LOVE Castle), and notch was talking about implementing physics... which to me, was going to be the scariest part of the halloween update, that never came to be.

Part of me misses the wonder I felt in the old days, when minecraft felt more new and unexplored. Yet somehow now that the world has been so expanded, it's almost never felt smaller...

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
I remember when singleplayer didn't have items, or mobs; and the map was only a island or you could pick like floating shit, but island was best.

Then when smp got popular I liked it better when you didn't have to care, you could have infinite live. Hmod was the best; then he disbanned and recruited Bukkit to take his place.

I actually spoke to Hmod himself and he was 13, I was fourteen at the time.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
The old magic system. There were spells like Blink and Lightwalk and such that you could find in mazes and dungeons spread around the world.