• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hostile Mobs with levels

Algsa777

TNT
I didn't think you could have individual pieces of armor on a mob, just sets of one kind or another.
No you can, they just pick whatever armor they can so in theory you could make customly armored mobs, for the Pumpkin head, you have to use a plug-in probably.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This would make my job harder, this, I like. PvPvE would be interesting too with it :3 creepers lowering my prey is fun :D

Northac

Obsidian
Interesting idea is an understatment, this would redefine the minecraft RPG name. Levels and skills would definatly make this more hardcore.

There is something I do want to vote against tho
And here's some skills, and skills get better by level.
Cave-spider poison sting ( shoots and poison arrow, less cooldown by level)
dude, you are sick in the head! Ive died so many times to the normal ones that I hate the sound of spiders (makes me shudder now) Ones that shoot at you would make anyone who finds an abandoned mine want to close it off and never go into it.
That and they (as mentioned already) only come from spawners (from what I know) so there are useally more than one at a time. No need really to make them any nastier

Creepers: More sulphur ( Can explode once when easy, explodes twice for medium....) Lol nice, but since it kills the creeper as well I cant see how it would work.

Ghast: Tentacle whip ( has a chance to take damage when you touch a ghast) Last i checked all these guys did was float around and pelt you with explosive fireballs from a distance, why would you get touched by one?

If I could help with this Id be all over it, but no luck on that front...

Question for those who may know, Ive seen texture packs that have alternate skins for zombies (the normal one and a different one) could we do something like this? Have the normal skin for the low level ones and a different one for the higher level ones? (still need to use scan for exact level and skills it has)
This way even classes that dont have scan can make the destinction.

Algsa777

TNT
Interesting idea is an understatment, this would redefine the minecraft RPG name. Levels and skills would definatly make this more hardcore.

There is something I do want to vote against tho

dude, you are sick in the head! Ive died so many times to the normal ones that I hate the sound of spiders (makes me shudder now) Ones that shoot at you would make anyone who finds an abandoned mine want to close it off and never go into it.
That and they (as mentioned already) only come from spawners (from what I know) so there are useally more than one at a time. No need really to make them any nastier

Creepers: More sulphur ( Can explode once when easy, explodes twice for medium....) Lol nice, but since it kills the creeper as well I cant see how it would work.

Ghast: Tentacle whip ( has a chance to take damage when you touch a ghast) Last i checked all these guys did was float around and pelt you with explosive fireballs from a distance, why would you get touched by one?

If I could help with this Id be all over it, but no luck on that front...

Question for those who may know, Ive seen texture packs that have alternate skins for zombies (the normal one and a different one) could we do something like this? Have the normal skin for the low level ones and a different one for the higher level ones? (still need to use scan for exact level and skills it has)
This way even classes that dont have scan can make the destinction.
well you could have it so the Creeper goes invuln during the explosive, or you could just have it auto respawn, as for Tentacle Whip is pretty stupid for a ghast to have.

Chaz8591

Legacy Supporter 5
That and they (as mentioned already) only come from spawners (from what I know) so there are useally more than one at a time.

You sir raise a good point... Kain, I propose that cave spiders should now have a chance of spawning like regular mobs.... But in groups of about 5.

*Get's trampled and beat to death by the mob of players within earshot*

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
You sir raise a good point... Kain, I propose that cave spiders should now have a chance of spawning like regular mobs.... But in groups of about 5.

*Get's trampled and beat to death by the mob of players within earshot*
Come here, there's something I want to show you. Behind my shed.

EDIT: Don't worry folks. It's just a shotgun.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo Here's some thoughts. Add an integer called level to the class com.herocraftonline.heroes.characters.Monster. Add the appropriate getters, setters, and a new constructor that would take an integer argument for level and compute damage, health, and experience based off that level.

Each time the game spawns a monster, you throw it into the CharacterManager with the level determined by an expression similar to this one:
level = 256-Math.random()*location.getY()

The configuration files would contain Monster base health, base damage, health gain per level, damage gain per level, experience gain per level. You might want to add loot in there as well.

Edit: @ninjasalad

Just missed your post. My recommendation for this making mob levels show up to the skill "scan" that casters, healers, and scribes have.

It may also be possible to add some code to give them various names depending on level. I saw a constructor for monsters in Heroes to declare a name. You could change these names based on levels with a simple if-else tree, but I'm not sure if those names will show up when you use skills on them
Just a note, I'm not a Coders - I work very little with our code base, but I do enough for make skills ;)

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
So is any coder going to be taking over this? Or is this on the backburner until something like Karma is finished?

Once you come up with the level-determining algorithm, implementation shouldn't take long, testing and balance will be the real time-consumer here. I'd contribute but the best way I can think of to implement this is directly into heroes, which is closed source.

Algsa777

TNT
So is any coder going to be taking over this? Or is this on the backburner until something like Karma is finished?

Once you come up with the level-determining algorithm, implementation shouldn't take long, testing and balance will be the real time-consumer here. I'd contribute but the best way I can think of to implement this is directly into heroes, which is closed source.
I want to join the Beta Testing for this if you guys start doing it! I want to fight against super bosses :3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Coders
Anyone wanna pick this up ? :)

If you want to ... we could use the help.