• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Host issues...

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@BadHaddy has said that the hard drives in our machine are having issues and causing lag/issues.

We have to kick a restart to even attempt to fix these issues. Due to the nature of harddrives its possible that it could wipe the information on them if things go badly.
I am backing up our data to my local machine to ensure that if something does go wrong we will have a backup of the necessary information.

There is no ETA for this. I'm in process of ordering new hardware as we speak so we can get to our new host as soon as possible.

Server's to play on in the mean time:
dhx.zapto.org:1284 <-- Museum Maps
pve.herocraftonline.com:27016 <-- Runecraft PVE
tek.herocraftonline.com:1337 <-- Tekkit Server

BadHaddy

User Abuser
SSDs fall apart under extreme database use. They are incapable of handling the large number of writes over such a long period. Without getting into lots of detail, MLC (and to an extent, SLC) flash memory cells have a limited number of writes they can sustain over their lifetimes.

I consult with Patriot memory regarding their Storage Products (when they couldn't explain the stupidly high failure rate with the wildfire, for example) and have seen, used, touched, and tested everything out there. Short of devices like RAMSAN or OCZ's Enterprise products, you are not going to get an SSD to live very long under the stress of a Databse Server (YET!)

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
SSD's are really expensive though, and I'm not sure if the whole rise in Seagate hard drives price is still happening.

BadHaddy

User Abuser
(12:35:26 PM) BadHaddy: In celebration of Zombie Jesus day; the server has gone offline.
(12:35:31 PM) Kainzo: hahaha
(12:36:04 PM) BadHaddy: Now, mislead your children into believing there is a rabbit that lays plastic eggs full of candy for them to find, and rejoice in the glory of Zombie jesus!

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
(12:35:26 PM) BadHaddy: In celebration of Zombie Jesus day; the server has gone offline.
(12:35:31 PM) Kainzo: hahaha
(12:36:04 PM) BadHaddy: Now, mislead your children into believing there is a rabbit that lays plastic eggs full of candy for them to find, and rejoice in the glory of Zombie jesus!

Actually it was pointed out to me yesterday, he is technically not a zombie. He is a Lich. =D