• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Horses Discussion

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
Armored_Horse.png

Whether you like it or not, horses are coming to vanilla Minecraft. I'm curious as to how they will be implemented in Herocraft.

There is already a snapshot preview up for download to test them out.

What we know about Horses so far:
1.) They are fast and can move over over 1 high blocks without jumping.
2.) They have a jump meter that replaces the XP bar and can jump 2 blocks high.
3.) You can use tools, weapons, and bows while mounted on a horse.
4.) You can craft armor out of iron, gold, and diamond for horses.

There are some other things, but nothing too exciting.
How do you think horses should be implemented into Herocraft?

Hexirious

Wood
I think all the major towns should have stables. As well as places that sell horses if not, the stables themselves should sell them. I am brand new to Minecraft in all, let alone Herocraft, so I don't know how this works well but Everybody should be able to own one, but maybe only some people can have certain armors for the horses, just like specific classes can only use specific armor and weapons.
PS: what is that pig in the picture looking at? lol

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Unleash the Dragoons! It'd be so much fun to ride along, then Jump out of the saddle to land spear/shovel first into an enemy.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
The only problem I could see is that balancing combat with them will be difficult. They could make them a summoning skill, which disappear when you go into combat.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Make Dragoons more realistic, infantery on horseback as they were historically speaking. Much utility on horseback instead of jumping around.

Also, ponies.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Make Dragoons more realistic, infantery on horseback as they were historically speaking. Much utility on horseback instead of jumping around.

Also, ponies.
Did you just say infantry and horseback in the same sentence?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Did you just say infantry and horseback in the same sentence?
Yes, infantery on horseback. Dragoons would ride horses to get around on the battlefield, dismount and then fire away with their guns. Very practical for manouvering.

TheSojourner

Legacy Supporter 8
Yes, infantery on horseback. Dragoons would ride horses to get around on the battlefield, dismount and then fire away with their guns. Very practical for manouvering.
Infantry = Soldiers on foot
Calvary = Soldiers on horseback

Although, I just re-read what you wrote and get what you're saying.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Kainzo has already said the current plan for horses is to disappear on entering combat much like social pets did.
Not to rain on your parade or anything.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Kainzo has already said the current plan for horses is to disappear on entering combat much like social pets did.
Not to rain on your parade or anything.
This will be an interesting mechanic. You could be racing along, trying to get somewhere, then a Ranger hits you with an arrow and BAM horse gone. Or a skele hits you or something. It'll be interesting to see if this will turn out to be annoying or tolerable.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Infantry = Soldiers on foot
Calvary = Soldiers on horseback

Although, I just re-read what you wrote and get what you're saying.
I know the terms of historical military, after all Military Warfare History is my favorite thing to research. However Dragoons were infanterymen trained to be on horseback to manouver around and then dismount to outflank the enemy. They were cavalery that didn't fight on horseback in one way or infantery that used horses for ulility.

macura

Diamond
Make horses only usable by rogues specs. Give ranger a summon horse skill and remove/nerf hard icearrow as compensation.

Caster specs cannot be allowed to use horses, imagine a necro running around on a horse.