• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HoldMyPie: A Herald Application

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Minecraft IGN / Age: HoldMyPie / 15

Position applying for: Herald

How long have you been on Herocraft?: I started playing herocraft around 5 months ago, but due to final exams/holidays, went inactive for about a month. I came back strong and play a good 3+ hours during weekdays, and all day on weekends, usually. I've been active again for around two months.

Timezone (please use GMT if out of US): GMT+8 (Western 'Straya)

What are your areas of expertise?: I'm not a bad pvper, so I will be posting alot of PVP videos. I can record, edit, add, remove, upload and do all that groovy stuff with videos, and have a very good knowledge of youtube, livestreams and stuff like that. Basically, I speciallize in video capture and editing, however I am not amazing at editing, but am able to do the basic job.

Please select one team to apply for:
Social (Google+, Twitter, facebook, Blog)
Forum (MCF "Looking For", Planet Minecraft, Spout Forums)
Video (Podcast, event recording, promotional videos)

How will you use your skills to benefit your team of choice? My recording quality is about 7/10. I record with around 40-60fps, using a faithful texture pack (my best friend), and am able to edit the videos with ease. I have the software to do all this, and I like pie. Unfortunately, I am not Morgan Freeman, and I do not have an amazing voice, but I cover that shit up with background/dramatic music or just plain stupid music so the viewers find the comical side of the video (as seen here):
(Not me singing. iYeti accused me of hacking, and everyone hated him on the server, so I had some fun with the vid.)

Additional info you would like to tell us?: I have been a proctor for a month or so, but quit due to my views of proctoring being different to the 'updated proctoring practices'. I disagreed to the direction of whitelisting, so I resigned. However, during my time as proctor, I was loyal and dedicated to it. I did not find it a tedious chore to do, but a fun way to pedo on people, and I thoroughly enjoyed being a proctor. I aim to do that as a Herald. I don't find making videos boring and tedious, but a chance to have some fun and spread the glory of HeroCraft. Unfortunately, I hadn't had my chance to shine until a few weeks ago, since I was using a potato for a computer, which needless to say, was incredibly bad to record on. My previous videos were from a different server, most from a long time ago. I now have a better computer, better recording software and better everything.
I have a youtube channel, but it has been unused really for the past few months due to the potato dilemma. I went under the name of Tino (My other account was Tino_the_Ninja, but I swapped when I came to hc), but now I am thinking of creating a new account as HoldMyPie.
Youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TinoTheNinja
Ok, this is getting a bit long, so I'll round it off here - I'm a dedicated, chill bloke who finds joy in making videos. Thanks for reading!

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Also I could do a few graphics things too. I am not a professional, but I do like to play around in photoshop.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
HoldMyPie,

I believe you were a Proctor before, did you lose that title because of your aforementioned inactivity due to exams?

Your fitness to wear the title is up to the Admins , however I believe I can use you on my team! We need as many video editors as we can get, because the more projects we do the more exhausted our current editors will get. If your app is approved by the admins, I will place you on the video team!

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
HoldMyPie,

I believe you were a Proctor before, did you lose that title because of your aforementioned inactivity due to exams?

Your fitness to wear the title is up to the Admins , however I believe I can use you on my team! We need as many video editors as we can get, because the more projects we do the more exhausted our current editors will get. If your app is approved by the admins, I will place you on the video team!
No, I most certainly did NOT get demoted due to inactivity. I posted my resignation after decisions were made that I did not agree with. I loved being a proctor, but I felt it was right to leave. I was an active proctor with an average of around 3-6 white lists a day and at least 5-15 apps done per day. I was devoted to proctor, and found it fun, not a chore. I want to still be part of herocraft that embraces and encourages new players, and promoting the server to an extreme level.
I have had no bans, not even a mute. I'm ready to up the ante, are you willing to add an extra level of amzingness to the herald team. The choice is yours, thank you.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
No, I most certainly did NOT get demoted due to inactivity. I posted my resignation after decisions were made that I did not agree with. I loved being a proctor, but I felt it was right to leave. I was an active proctor with an average of around 3-6 white lists a day and at least 5-15 apps done per day. I was devoted to proctor, and found it fun, not a chore. I want to still be part of herocraft that embraces and encourages new players, and promoting the server to an extreme level.
I have had no bans, not even a mute. I'm ready to up the ante, are you willing to add an extra level of amzingness to the herald team. The choice is yours, thank you.

It wasn't really my place to ask anyway, as it is more of an Admin thing. Was just curious!

Like I mentioned in my last post, I'd love to welcome you to the Herald team. Please wait for an admin to double check your application and apply the new permissions. Upon acceptance you will have access to the Herald forums and you can get to work whenever you're ready!