• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hi, New Player! Having v1.4 Problem, Recommendations?

boggsj

Glowing Redstone
Hi I'm James, and happy to have been admitted!

I'm having a problem though- I'm new to Minecraft in general, and I've purchased my game in the last week, which is of course v1.4.

So, I have no 1.3 to downgrade to!

Needless to say, this is very frustrating. I can log in and wander around for about five minutes and then get booted. The UMP gives me a black screen.

Does anyone know what I can do to get going? I'm excited to get in on all this Mining and Crafting =\

I tried using a python script called MC Nostalgia to downgrade and it gave me a list of errors and an inexplicable copy-paste of my ./bin folder, sans patch.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice, and it's nice to meet you all.

:D

Also -
I read here on the board that the Test server is running 1.4, but my connection is refused.

Are there access restrictions?

boggsj

Glowing Redstone
Thanks, I made a hasty assumption about the client because of Kainzo's post, said 1.4 wouldn't work?

In any case, I played with a vanilla client and still crashed pretty frequently, dunno if there is some sort of checklist or optimizations I can do to lessen the frequency of crashes.

Thanks for the link!
This forum seems to be senselessly labyrinthine :confused: