• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hey guys

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Wanted to touch base, we're still ramping up for the release of Herocraft 4.0 ... It seems that we are running into some hardware issues at our host. I like being transparent and telling you whats going on so I'll explain.

1) The hardware is brand new, it cost $3500 for the entire setup and it has been shipped to our host @ oplink.et We are seeing a freezing issue on the machine which has led to two hard crashes, we're looking into this issue - it may take several days to resolve since the machine is NOT within physical reach.

2) The host, oplink is being attacked by the DDOS'ers - they are going down every few hours - this is affecting their entire service. They've been working with their ISP but sometimes there isnt much a host can do that is being hit with a massive attack every few hours.

3) We're prepping the map files, the plugins and the new quest system. It will be exciting.

Just wanted to drop you a line and let you know what I've been dealing with internally, you may see the server not so busy but it is very stressful for myself and staff.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Good to know we have a server owner that doesn't back down from an obstacle, very reassuring :D