• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hey Everyone! Nice to Meet You!

Ramseh

Legacy Supporter 5
I won't bother with a second how-do-ya-do but HEY! So I'm a tad new to the concept of HeroCraft, just got done being one of the head admins over at CivCraft on Shotbow and needed something new for the ol' Minecraft gap that I get in my heart. Had some questions that the players might be able to answer for me!

1: I was hoping to just be the guy who stays out of crazy PvP and just heal people in general, what would be a good class to go for just being the medic?

2: Is it easy to get along with people here or will I probably find a few problematic people that can be easily ignored?

3: What's your favorite part of the server and why? (I'm just curious :) )

4: How easy is it to just stop being some crazy super guy and just sit down and enjoy the server?

5: Any really big groups looking for a generally nice guy who likes to heal people?

OH MY GOODNESS YOU GUYS HAVE ENGINEERS!

Sorry for the introduction littered with questions, I find quirky servers a dime a dozen and I tend to settle down quite well depending on my first impressions. That being said it is nice to meet everyone and I hope you all have a great day :)

(If this message is in the wrong place and there is an introduction board then please feel free to move this there, sorry for the misunderstanding!)

One of the groups that has poked me so far (like 4 of them now) mentioned that I should raise the fact that I am a donator? Not sure what that matters in regards to anything but hey, why not!

Last edited:

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
First off, Welcome. I've played Civ on Shot; and you'll truly enjoy herocraft! I'll keep this organized and answer each question for ya!

1: I was hoping to just be the guy who stays out of crazy PvP and just heal people in general, what would be a good class to go for just being the medic?

YES! All towns would be happy to have a full time healer playing a healing class. Sure you'll still be taking and dealing some damage, but you can play a total healer.

2: Is it easy to get along with people here or will I probably find a few problematic people that can be easily ignored?

There will be people you hate, there will be people you love, there will be people you fight side by side with and know nothing about. It adds to the whole idea of immersing you in the world.

3: What's your favorite part of the server and why? (I'm just curious :) )

Being a member of the Oakenshire Team / Building / and Raiding (Msg Me for info on those)

4: How easy is it to just stop being some crazy super guy and just sit down and enjoy the server?

Super easy. You can find areas that aren't too populated to gather materials, or spend a day in your house writing a book to sell on the market; or chat with the other players in one of our hundreds of chat channels

5: Any really big groups looking for a generally nice guy who likes to heal people?

Yes! Message me here on the fourms ;)

6: Who do I have to bribe around here to get a support tree of abilities that allow me to put down blocks/items that do different things? Would kill to have an engineer that can patch people up and throw down a dispenser that can pelt people with arrows.

Engineers have a skill to make turents, but the server is a no P2W server. No amount of donations will give you better skills abilities or in game resources!

Welcome and I hope to hear from you soon, once you message me I'll be able to give you lot's more information too!

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Dang it dragon beat me to it. Anyhow you've come at the absolute best time IMO. Map wipe in a couple days, you can get a nice easy start and be on the same level as everyone else.
Plenty of towns will be willing to take you in for sure, though the wipe means you have to help build em ;p
Anyhow welcome to HeroCraft

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Shotbow, eh? MCPVP says I'm supposed to hate ya.
Good thing I never cared about that argument.

Anyway, I was beaten to with actually answering the questions but if there's more I'm up for trying to answer them first.

Last edited:

Ramseh

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh god I was just a CivCraft admin, I never wasted time with the other ShotBow games! I don't believe in Minecraft being capable of PVP.

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Oh don't be like that, some of us like the game for more than stabbing each other in the face!
The ones who can't even place a dirt block properly, enjoy face stabbing. I myself enjoy exploding damaging sheep

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Oh don't be like that, some of us like the game for more than stabbing each other in the face!
It's just not the same when there's no fear of being stabbed.
Sure, I hate it when I *am* stabbed, but that's what being a healer is for.