• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug HeroTowns consolidated bug thread

Graink

Portal
Kain Edit:
Please include this IMPORTANT information:

Note: Do NOT try and deposit more items than you have, it will not work.
Code:
Town name:
Town Size:
Date of Issue:
Steps to Reproduce:
Kain Edit END:

===========================================
All right, I'll take it from the start. We paid the 5000c to confirm the charter/become an official town. Then I deposited the 100 iron blocks needed. I proceeded to type out /townbank view to learn that none of those iron blocks made it into our bank. They just vanished. After that, I asked around how to add the "money" into the bank, and I ended up adding an extra 100 iron blocks.

In the end, we lost 10000c + 100 iron blocks, and we still don't have our region up. Our bank is empty, we're a little pissed, and we're wondering what we can do to fix this.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You must do /tb confirm - to confirm the deposit. In addition, you pay to have the chater created once you have the members (5000c) and then you pay to have the township claimed (5000c + block requirements).

An extra 100 blocks in the town bank isn't a 'waste' if its showing as there - it will be used for upgrades further down the line.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
http://pastie.org/4704787

Commands used.[DOUBLEPOST=1347406956,1347406728][/DOUBLEPOST]"deposit 32 100" <--- you didn't lose an extra 100 iron blocks...
Code:
Line 154302: 2012-09-11 16:49:13 [INFO] Graink issued server command: /townbank deposit 32 100
Line 154317: 2012-09-11 16:49:17 [INFO] Graink issued server command: /town upgrade
Line 154333: 2012-09-11 16:49:24 [INFO] Graink issued server command: /town help 3
Line 154398: 2012-09-11 16:49:42 [INFO] Graink issued server command: /town deposit 42 100

Graink

Portal
That deposited the iron blocks with the ID, it took 100 iron blocks from my inventory, so I went back and took out another 100. There are currently no iron blocks in our town bank.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Theres only one command used to place ironblocks in the bank. No other commands were used that could have even taken places from your inventory.

The coders and I have checked over this. I'm not sure what happened to the blocks you are saying are missing but they WERE NOT deposited via a command.

In addition - you weren't /tb confirming - most of these.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Right now, any and all commands are shown in the console/server log - so if it was sent to the server or plugin, it would appear.
I can say with the data given, there was not 100 iron blocks missing.
Further more, are other towns experiencing this issue?

NumdgJr

Glowstone
The town Mineris' bank has all the items to upgrade to a SMALL. Although, when I do the /town upgrade command, it says we don't have enough. So I assume this is a bug, due to the plugin's being new?

Thanks,
Num

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You do not use the upgrade command. Do /town create while standing in the middle position.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Our mayor Mille created the town region earlier. Everything worked fine apart from the coal. So we decided to set out the regions by using the "You have entered" "You have left" messages. I set out the region and two of the sides were missing the end piece. It looked like this
Towns.jpg

(Sorry for my fail paint skills, but you get the gist.)

I asked Bearcat and he told me he would tell kainzo when he logged in. Kainzo logged and bear wasn't online so i asked kain he told me to bug report :).

Graink

Portal
^ Try the /townbank deposit 42 100, and take pictures. That's the command that screwed us over; you could record it too just to be sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1347773468,1347476939][/DOUBLEPOST]
15zaf

Is that proof enough? Or did we do it wrong again? That's 800 iron blocks we've lost now cause of this. I don't expect them to be refunded, but maybe added to the town bank like they were supposed to.[DOUBLEPOST=1347773514][/DOUBLEPOST]@Kainzo ? *

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Right now, any and all commands are shown in the console/server log - so if it was sent to the server or plugin, it would appear.
I can say with the data given, there was not 100 iron blocks missing.
Further more, are other towns experiencing this issue?
I've lost 100 iron blocks to this.

Well we were planning on upgrading our town and the bank ate 500 iron blocks. Here is the link: http://puu.sh/15zaf

This is the 3rd time it has happened to us loosing 800 Iron Blocks in total. I'm not sure if this has been happening to anyone else but it kind of gets frustrating. I also think the cause is /tb confirm isn't actually confirm the item so it sort of just disappears or something. I hope this gets fixed because I don't feel like loosing 300 emerald blocks either.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't know if this has occurred for any of the other towns created so far but here in Newerth we are missing 2 chunks of region.

Here is an image of what the region is supposed to look like as posted by Kain.
http://imgur.com/vI6gL

In it you can see on each side of the region there is one random chunk of region that sticks out kind of awkwardly. Newerth is missing 2 of these for some reason.

I would like this fixed if at all possible or a discount for merchandise missing parts xD

@Sleaker

Edit: Didn't see there is another thread already open about this which means my region isn't the only one experiencing this issue.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/town-region-bug.24165/