• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug HeroHUD - Boss Bar disappearing

Jloy1

Legacy Supporter 7
I recently noticed that the boss bar likes to disappear on me when I walk for a long distance and not take damage. Upon taking damage, it returns. This was tested on PvE.

Steps to replicate:
Step 1: Walk for about 1000 blocks.
Step 2: Notice Boss Bar disappears.
Step 3: Take damage, Boss Bar reappears.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I can confirm this. Happened to me as well when I went a long distance without taking damage.
Relogging made it re-appear

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
You can use the command /togglehud twice and it will reappear

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I recently noticed that the boss bar likes to disappear on me when I walk for a long distance and not take damage. Upon taking damage, it returns. This was tested on PvE.

Steps to replicate:
This is because the Hud is actualy a Fake Boss displayed by the server. When you are too far from this "Fake Boss" it disapears until the event of damage retriggers it.

Jloy1

Legacy Supporter 7
This is because the Hud is actualy a Fake Boss displayed by the server. When you are too far from this "Fake Boss" it disapears until the event of damage retriggers it.
The fake boss is an Ender Dragon which flies beneath you at a negative y, I think (Saw it through a rendering error). So I don't know how you can get too far from it unless it gets butchered.

You can use the command /togglehud twice and it will reappear
The command was removed.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

Steps to replicate:
@greatman321 | @Ampayne2

Ampayne2

Retired Staff
The fake boss is an Ender Dragon which flies beneath you at a negative y, I think (Saw it through a rendering error). So I don't know how you can get too far from it unless it gets butchered.
Correct, except it only teleports back underneath you when it gets updated (for example by taking damage). It used to update for everyone on the server 4x a second but that was causing a little lag. I'm thinking the best way to fix it would be to update it for everyone on the server every minute or so, I doubt anyone can travel 1000 blocks fast enough to outrun that :p