• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Heroes] Ninja and Thief

R3xz

Glowstone
Currently, I believe these two classes need a revamp, at least the Thief need a completely new image to it. The reason why I believe this need to be done is because of the really blurry line that distinguish between a Thief and a Ninja.

From what I know, the Ninja class is suppose to be like the "assassin" class, a damage dealer. The Thief on the other hand, is gimped when compared to the Ninja. Thieves uses blackjack, the same ability that the Ninja have, and reduced fall damage, that's it. The Ninja on the other hand got a ranged attack and even the ability to cloak into invisibility.

The other two rogue specialization are pretty unique, with beast master controlling the summoning element and the ranger utilizing complete range and tracking skill. I want this to be pretty much the same with the Ninja and the Thief. The Ninja currently can remain as it is, maybe with an addition of newer abilities in the future. The Thief could either have additional ability or be completely revamped to a new specialization.

My currently idea on a new class for the rogue specialization could be the Shadow-sin, pretty much a rogue class that specialize in black magic and poison. This is a class that combine the abilities of the sin, the ranger, and maybe some element of casters in there as well. Anyone got suggestions for a new rogue class that can replace the Thief?

Jorict

Legacy Supporter 7
Don't replace the thief! It's my favorite class! I like it, I get blackjack 10 levels before ninja! It could use some more skills though, maybe an AoE stun or a passive "evade" of some sort. Like, they have a percent to negate damage, like 10% chance to negate a fraction of damage.

R3xz

Glowstone
Passive dodge ability would be nice with an aoe stun or poison attack.

They shouldn't be a primary damage dealer like a ninja (who should have more damaging ability), but they should have a lot of utility ability like reducing fall damage, physical attack damage, the ability to climb wall, stuns, slows and so on.

R3xz

Glowstone
Thief already got safefall, but it will be interesting to see the future changes. Thanks for lettin me know Kain, i'll be looking forward to it. :)