• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Heroes] my vision of the classes

R3xz

Glowstone
Here's my point of view on what I think are the roles that the classes should take. I will focus on the combat classes (non-crafter) in this thread, and point out some of the crucial roles that these classes should play in combat.

From what i see, warrior should remain a damage sponge, they will need more defenses.They could withstand more damage, so that they can live longer to deal melee damage. Warrior should be much more powerful when combined with a healer/enchanter, due to their large health pool and armor/defenses.

Rogues should be the primary physical damage dealer, but lack the defenses that warrior have. But to make up for their flimsy armor they should have increased maneuverability effects such as speed/jump/safefall as well as hiding spell like /sneak. These classes are all about quickness/surprise and taking the opportunity to get close to a low armor target like a caster/healer/other rogues and doing spike damage onto them. Rangers should play more of a role like a caster, due to their primary attack being range. Rangers should get a speed increase imo so they can have an advantage against warrior and other melee classes that can't quite catch up to them. A speed increase should be in order or give them traps that slows down the opponent, either way... right now they're just weak against everything.

Casters are primarily anti warrior, since damaging magic should ignore armor completely. But rogue should be the anti-mage since mage also lacks armor which mean they are weak against physical damage. Mage should also have increased maneuverability (teleports) and other spells to protect them from melee classes getting close to them and wreck them. (mage = disadvantage in melee combat)

Healer should be the buffer, and should be a major arsenal in any combat group i would say. Alone they can manage themselves but with a group they should increase combat by a large margin. A party of a healer and a warrior/rogue should be able to take on a party of equal number easily or even maybe faring well against a group of 3 , 4 (unless the other party also have a healer). But these guys should offer a lot of buffs, heals and utility spells such as crowd control, invulnerability or true sight (being able to spot nearby /sneak on rogues).

What do you guys think? Is this fairly close to what you envision as well for the classes? Or maybe it might be slightly off or completely off. Give your opinion!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's hard to put roles to combat that takes 2-3 seconds. We'll need to lengthen the combat time for any real tactical game play to begin.