• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraftathon

Would this work and if so would you participate?

• It would work but I wouldn't participate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think it would be cool if once a month, or maybe 2 or 3, kainzo and some other mods/admins hosted a herocraftathon where they shut down the login (or turned the player cap to like 2 after everyone participating joins) and see who can stay on the longest.

What would this do?
It could be use to raise donations for charities like breast cancer or childs play.
It would also give the server some publisity because I've never seen another server do anything like it.
Why would people participate?
There could be some kind of special title and a coin reward at the end.
Or even just the knowlege that you helped others out by giving them money.
Rules?
You must stay active the entire time, no leaving for an hour to take a break.
If you log out your out, maybe open up a second temp server and give a 10 minute pardon for anyone that has technical problems.
If a second server was opened for it then it could start fresh. Everyone participating would rush to get in their little groups and work towards a goal. Maybe making a town or something. or maybe work towards 100,000 coins.
Other hc rules apply (no hacking, griefing, harassing, exe,)
Goal?
Work towards making a town or getting a certain level or coin status.
Gain 5,000$ for Charity.
(I think that is somewhat realistic because it's helping people that need it other than helping a server.)
Maybe pull a kurtjmac and backdate to 1.7.3 and walk to the farlands :p. ( if done graveyards would need to be disabled and re-introduce bed spawns. Also making breaking beds illegal.)

Overall I think this would start something I've never seen in any other servers and I think it would be really cool. It would help people in need, and show people's true figures.[DOUBLEPOST=1351123398,1350934737][/DOUBLEPOST]:( nobody liked my idea

dragonzero39

Legacy Supporter 7
I feel that if this were to occur, it should take place on a server other than our main server, I know people who could play for easily 72 hours straight without stopping, and thats no fair to shut down the server for 3 days from everyone, while these people get to mine and collect materials while safe from other PVP.

I feel that if this were to occur, it should take place on a server other than our main server, I know people who could play for easily 72 hours straight without stopping, and thats no fair to shut down the server for 3 days from everyone, while these people get to mine and collect materials while safe from other PVP.
I mentioned that in the post.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I believe there are a lot of other issues we need to address within the community and the server itself before we start white knighting cancer.