• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft PVP

Would you like to see the return of Coliseums and Deathmatches to HC?

• Yes

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with increased World PVP incentives.

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
I remember arenas.
With plaguebomb.

And as a cruel joke when arena's existed without plaguebomb beguilers still had rottenflesh in their kit.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I remeber arenas.
I once played in them with a guy named @Dreamcycler

And as a cruel joke he would come back through the forums, AND NOT EVEN SAY HI!

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I'm not sure, but I think one of the problems with the previous Coliseum plugin was the fact that it "created" the arenas each time a new duel/battle began. So essentially it was bogging down the server with the constant construction of each coliseum arena. Does anyone with more information than me know anything about that?

With Conquest points, you could have multiple points that rotated becoming active/inactive.This would encourage constant travel around the map to continue to fight for control of different points as they changed. I think it would also be possible to place a few in PVE and enable PVP-ON when within 50-100 blocks of the capture point.

Deathmatches were one of my all time favorite random FFA pvp events. I didn't really like the upside down castle map (suicide was too easy haha), but the FFA chaos was always a good time. Even when only a few people joined in the early hours it turned into a threatening game of hide and seek.

Last edited:

JacobBurkey

Portal
A lot of people in PvE do go over to PvP.
Or they enjoy the aspects of PvE.

Let's stop blaming the PvE players for the lack of PvP, kay? This is about bringing more PvP to more players. You aren't going to get any PvE players to PvP with you if all you say is shit like this.
You weren't even here for any maps with actual pvp, so please, your opinion doesn't really matter to me. If you guys want to have wet noodle fights with shit gear because you're too scared anyways to pvp and have to do it in arenas and shit, go do that. There's no way to bring more pvp because all the actual people who played the server for the fun pvp and raiding are gone. I can go on and on, but you PvErs would come back with the only argument you have of "some people dont like pvp1!11!" Back when PvE wasn't a thing, new players were absolutely fine being recruited into towns and learning the server from the vets in the town teaching them what to do. Now it's a shitfest of PvE towns and new players have no idea what to do because nobody cares.

LovelyArmor

Legacy Supporter 4
You weren't even here for any maps with actual pvp, so please, your opinion doesn't really matter to me. If you guys want to have wet noodle fights with shit gear because you're too scared anyways to pvp and have to do it in arenas and shit, go do that. There's no way to bring more pvp because all the actual people who played the server for the fun pvp and raiding are gone. I can go on and on, but you PvErs would come back with the only argument you have of "some people dont like pvp1!11!" Back when PvE wasn't a thing, new players were absolutely fine being recruited into towns and learning the server from the vets in the town teaching them what to do. Now it's a shitfest of PvE towns and new players have no idea what to do because nobody cares.

I've been playing since the start of Bastion. I played on the full PvP maps and fucking loved it. I would like to see a full PvP map again but only if people like you, didn't play. At all. PvP is fun. People like you are the exact reason people who are in PvE don't waste their time over in PvP.
I am also a Guide and Herald. Both of which consist of me helping new players learn about the server, each and every day. I do my best to bring new players onto the server and keep them on by showing them the fun sides of PvE and PvP.

I am a PvP player but I choose to live in PvE to create a town and have a better time teaching new players how the server works. Something that would be impossible to do as effectively in PvP due to my life outside of minecraft.

So watch what you say and do some research before you assume you know anything.

Have a nice fucking day and stay on the topic of the thread.

Now I will say that I am loving everyones constructive ideas on this thread. How can we get more people into these ideas as well?

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
@werwew19

Or could be because they kept losing and gave up on life also.
Seems like you have severe brain damage (Go get that checked out). If you're saying we lost every fight when we did play the last 3 maps. We lost a lot when YOU were in our group.

Edit: While I am on the forums let me note.

I quit the server and my friends followed because I'd rather not waste my time on a server that has a community that has more interest in PvE then PvP. With the townships being unfinished, The attitude of the majority of the player base and the track the server is traveling on. I found little point spending hours playing on a server, where I have to spend 30 minutes trying to kill a low level player. Arena's flopped because we couldn't que from the main server and Mob Arenas never came out. Those two features is what kept me lingering as long as I did and since those didn't deliver. I decided to quit and play some other games.

I wish Herocraft the best and if it decides to cater to my interest again one day then I'll consider logging on again but for now sayonara boys.

Last edited:

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I'm not sure, but I think one of the problems with the previous Coliseum plugin was the fact that it "created" the arenas each time a new duel/battle began. So essentially it was bogging down the server with the constant construction of each coliseum arena. Does anyone with more information than me know anything about that?

With Conquest points, you could have multiple points that rotated becoming active/inactive.This would encourage constant travel around the map to continue to fight for control of different points as they changed. I think it would also be possible to place a few in PVE and enable PVP-ON when within 50-100 blocks of the capture point.

Deathmatches were one of my all time favorite random FFA pvp events. I didn't really like the upside down castle map (suicide was too easy haha), but the FFA chaos was always a good time. Even when only a few people joined in the early hours it turned into a threatening game of hide and seek.
I think you were either misinformed or the assumption was wrong. The arenas were prebuilt and the players are simply teleported to the arena. Their is an exploit with arenas that made Kainzo hesitate putting them on the main server. However the exploit was never tested this map to see if it was patched. That is why they were removed in Bastion afaik. We copy pasted a ton of arenas and their is a world that has about 50-60 arenas floating in the sky.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Seems like you have severe brain damage (Go get that checked out). If you're saying we lost every fight when we did play the last 3 maps. We lost a lot when YOU were in our group.

Edit: While I am on the forums let me note.

I quit the server and my friends followed because I'd rather not waste my time on a server that has a community that has more interest in PvE then PvP. With the townships being unfinished, The attitude of the majority of the player base and the track the server is traveling on. I found little point spending hours playing on a server, where I have to spend 30 minutes trying to kill a low level player. Arena's flopped because we couldn't que from the main server and Mob Arenas never came out. Those two features is what kept me lingering as long as I did and since those didn't deliver. I decided to quit and play some other games.

I wish Herocraft the best and if it decides to cater to my interest again one day then I'll consider logging on again but for now sayonara boys.
Is that so? I remember you guys winning when me and cat joined, then remembered losing when people would fuck around to much. Aka why me and Cat left Freepers. Then continued to win teamfights in TCK. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

And also, then why do your friends hop on and say there is no PvP and do NOTHING about it. They could PvP us, but they don't.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Is that so? I remember you guys winning when me and cat joined, then remembered losing when people would fuck around to much. Aka why me and Cat left Freepers. Then continued to win teamfights in TCK. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

And also, then why do your friends hop on and say there is no PvP and do NOTHING about it. They could PvP us, but they don't.
First off you were inactive when we played. So don't make ridiculous claims. Considering I setup the entire Arena system myself shows their was an effort to "revive" pvp right? Their is no PvP and it will continue to stay that way. If I logged on today and looked for a fight I wouldn't get it and you yourself know that. Simply because if we came back we'd only be fighting each other.

Secondly, you're referring to one map. That map was history a LONG time ago and no, we both know you didn't leave because we were "fucking" around too much. If Gangsta_K13n didn't delete all his videos it'd be a shame watching fight after fight these last two maps. Its more then I can count.

Anyways that was my last post. Back to lurking

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
First off you were inactive when we played. So don't make ridiculous claims. Considering I setup the entire Arena system myself shows their was an effort to "revive" pvp right? Their is no PvP and it will continue to stay that way. If I logged on today and looked for a fight I wouldn't get it and you yourself know that. Simply because if we came back we'd only be fighting each other.

Secondly, you're referring to one map. That map was history a LONG time ago and no, we both know you didn't leave because we were "fucking" around too much. If Gangsta_K13n didn't delete all his videos it'd be a shame watching fight after fight these last two maps. Its more then I can count.

Why did he delete his vids? xx

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

I'm just saying lol. You haven't been doing it but I have seen some people in Freepers that state there is no PvP when I can get a group and fight you guys lol.

Ruger392

Obsidian
What happened to conquest points? Was GREAT last map brought in a whole ton of pvp and was really fun to do!

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
I think you were either misinformed or the assumption was wrong. The arenas were prebuilt and the players are simply teleported to the arena. Their is an exploit with arenas that made Kainzo hesitate putting them on the main server. However the exploit was never tested this map to see if it was patched. That is why they were removed in Bastion afaik. We copy pasted a ton of arenas and their is a world that has about 50-60 arenas floating in the sky.

I'm talking about the previous maps when we had a coliseum que system ( I was told THAT plugin constructed the arenas each time, not talking about the live arena system we have atm). I've yet to test the arenas this map, but hope to be able to more this week(finally maxed sorcerer). I usually play way late at night CST, and generally opt to build vs sitting in the arena world waiting/hoping for other people. I guess I should have been more specific, but my goal(with this thread) is to obtain a command that allows players to que for arenas whenever they'd like. It makes that pvp option more readily available, and thus more utilized by players. Great work on the arenas so far!

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I'm talking about the previous maps when we had a coliseum que system ( I was told THAT plugin constructed the arenas each time, not talking about the live arena system we have atm). I've yet to test the arenas this map, but hope to be able to more this week(finally maxed sorcerer). I usually play way late at night CST, and generally opt to build vs sitting in the arena world waiting/hoping for other people. I guess I should have been more specific, but my goal(with this thread) is to obtain a command that allows players to que for arenas whenever they'd like. It makes that pvp option more readily available, and thus more utilized by players. Great work on the arenas so far!
The arena plugin we had previously is the exact same plugin that is being used now

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
So initiating arenas cross realm isn't capable, or requires more work? That's the step I'm trying to incorporate.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
If conquest points were to come back, I feel there should be ONE or TWO all together, in aegis in the end no one went to the conquest points because it was easy to gain medals.

xMJay

Portal
I'm just saying lol. You haven't been doing it but I have seen some people in Freepers that state there is no PvP when I can get a group and fight you guys lol.
when they say PvP they don't mean fighting one small group of players. Pretty sure they mean fighting multiple towns in fights with 5-10 people. Most veterans have grown tired of small fights.

Last edited: