• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Community Video Project

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
A while back Herocraft had a "Trailer" Contest in which people would film and edit a trailer for Herocraft. It was a great idea and the results were great so now that I'm back on the server, I wanted to try and start a Community Video Project.

In this project, I'd like members of the server to submit their own recordings of the server. These will be how the members, YOU, see the server and what is so great about it.

The best scenes/clips will be picked out and used in the final video edited by myself. I'm looking for everything from great structures to PvP scenes. I'd like to ask the you leave the recording un-edited and in the highest quality you can get to me. I'll be more specific further in the post.

What I'm looking for:
- Zeal scenes
- Gatherings of players
- PvP scenes
- Townships
- Structures
- The Scenery around populated places
- Scenes that show off the Heroes plugin if it's possible
- Whatever looks good to you or you think would be useful

Video Details:
Resolution - 720p Minimum (1280x720)
Frame Rate - 23.976 fps Minimum, 60 fps Maximum
Formats - HuffyYUV, Lagarith, generally any mp4 of avi. Avoid new or exotic formats.
Information - Please tell me what is being shown.
Please use the Standard Texture Pack.

Deadline: November 25th (For now I guess, if anything changes I'll update you guys)
Upload to Mediafire.com or sendspace.com if you don't have your own server.

Other details:
- Everyone who has a scene added into the video will be credited in the credits.
- The video will be done when it's done. Don't ask for an exact date because I can't give you one yet.
- It will be a Trailer style video.
- I have not picked a definite soundtrack yet, but have some ideas. When I know it, I'll post it.

If you have any questions, just ask. I know I'm probably missing some stuff here so, I'll update this if needed.

Thanks for the Sticky Kain. (I assume?)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
All I have is the free version of Fraps; I think that will work well enough?

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
All I have is the free version of Fraps; I think that will work well enough?

As long as it doesn't have a logo or anything and is clean. I can remove transparent logos but it's a bitch to do so I probably won't do it unless it's a REALLY nice clip. There are plenty of trials of other software I think though.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I would offer to help but you would likely end up with video's running at 5fps xD

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Lets get a bunch of Dragoons to do that synchronized jump where a camera man/gal goes pass them at an angle and they synchronize their jumps one after the other, ( suggest they jump into the void at zeal lol)
SO CHEZZY! but might look good if done right.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Ah, sonnofabitch, I got distracted by work. I'll send myself a note to get shots done.

c12095

Holy Shit!
@Airbus101

Sorry for not being able to work on the statue airbus, I am currently on family vacation and wont be back for a few days depending on other relatives showing up or not. When I get back I will make sure to begin building his statue.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So pretty much nothing. Will I have to film this with maybe one other person and thats it?
Like I said I'm happy to help out anyway I can but not with footage unless you want footage at like 10-20fps xD

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Like I said I'm happy to help out anyway I can but not with footage unless you want footage at like 10-20fps xD

It's not a problem. Once I'm better, I'll get to filming. Till then, I can barely talk. You heard me on TS haha.

TrinityDown

Legacy Supporter 6
Sorry for not being here much guys. I've been VERY sick. I've spent most of the last three weeks in bed and don't really want to concentrate on anything till I get better.