• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft and the future of MMORPG Minecraft

Malarb

ICE ICE ICE!
So is the Valorium map we are playing on now going to be the same map in the future, just with PVE side as PVP or is there a whole new map?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
So is the Valorium map we are playing on now going to be the same map in the future, just with PVE side as PVP or is there a whole new map?
Valorium will become PvP when Adventure is released as PvE. It is a new custom map. Follow hc.to/journal for updates.

riotpopper

Gold
"
  • Material Gain - trading between townships just got more spirited. You will now have to transport items between Townships or NPC villages to gain a massive bonus for delivering items. Beware! other players may be waiting for you. When holding delivery you will be slowed 50% and unable to quick travel (teleport or groupteleport). A player with a delivery item will have special effects around them, denoting that a pack is in transit or being held. Other players can claim the packs!"
Reminds me of Archeage, now I'm super hyped. This will add such a crazy awesome reason to pvp. It'll be great!

spiralz

Obsidian
"
  • Material Gain - trading between townships just got more spirited. You will now have to transport items between Townships or NPC villages to gain a massive bonus for delivering items. Beware! other players may be waiting for you. When holding delivery you will be slowed 50% and unable to quick travel (teleport or groupteleport). A player with a delivery item will have special effects around them, denoting that a pack is in transit or being held. Other players can claim the packs!"
Reminds me of Archeage, now I'm super hyped. This will add such a crazy awesome reason to pvp. It'll be great!

Better start diggin' your trade tunnels.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
were hoping to refine the custom items plugin for easier randomization of stats. the framework map has been created but itll go through another pass to ensure its up to par for our needs.

theres a lot to do, so if you have a usable skill set, feel free to app up

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I've been mulling this around in my head, and I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but I'm going to post anyway.

I don't want a full PvP map, all the time.

'Darn you carebears!' the kids will yell, shaking their iPods and whatsithoozits at me as I walk by.

'The server was great before PvEeeee' they shout while throwing bones and gravel at my blockface.

With the news of full PvP maps, I admit I spent a long while looking for and testing other servers. However, none of them are like Herocraft. A PvP AND PvE Survival RPG-element server with no pay2win? It's just not a thing.

Other servers offer separate worlds, you PvP here and PvE there. One world you're given /win kits and the the other is bland, plain survival. Or worse, it's easy-mode with resource worlds that regenerate daily and flying for donors, so you're literally playing creative with others in a pristine plotme world. Most servers that weren't minigames and auto-geared PvP were empty.

Bleh, I say!

The adventure map does not replace PvE. It's a completely different game. It will be awesome, yes. But it is not a PvE and PvP survival with RPG-elements and Townships.

Per your response to Dionnsai's suggestion about better times for war, it seems like the adventure map is still a ways away and war will be the norm for a while...but after that?

What happens to the dungeons? Will they become PvP-denied like spawn, or bloodbaths? Adventure map description says dungeons will be contested there...so PvP in the PvE dungeons on Zol and no PvP in the PvP dungeons on Val? Will treasures move to the Northern continent as well? Or will dungeons disappear because that's PvE? Will classes level with PvP?

Sorry if the questions sound dumb, but it doesn't seem like this map was created to be full PvP, all the time, on 95% of the map.

I'm sure someone <coughTrazilcough> will come in and teach me a lesson about the old maps and how all this worked out fine before, but I suppose I just worry.

I like war, I hope the times change a bit to have more of a flow, but I like the 'looming threat' of war around the corner when I've left my redstone at home, or I'm racing the clock to get one more level in the dungeon as PvPers look on from the shadows envisioning me as a carebear pinata, ripe for the killing. I like the excitement of venturing out meekly, whipping my mouse around the mousepad at every sound as though the PvPers can smell my fear...and then war being over, and being able to hop and skip back home. I honestly think I'd have a heart attack if I had to do that all the time, every time I logged in.

And unless my eyes deceive me, the countdown to 'purge' is really exciting for PvPers. They sneak out of trade and take positions at the Herogates, the GYs, and town entrances hoping to catch stragglers or noobs for a quick, satisfying kill. They aren't liking the 4 hours of peace, but when war comes it's usually a light show in /o with that colorful language I've mentioned in previous posts.

Iono, just my thoughts on it.

Thanks for reading.

Ultanian

Portal
I've been mulling this around in my head, and I know it's not going to be a popular opinion, but I'm going to post anyway.

'Darn you carebears!' the kids will yell, shaking their iPods and whatsithoozits at me as I walk by.

'The server was great before PvEeeee' they shout while throwing bones and gravel at my blockface.

With the news of full PvP maps, I admit I spent a long while looking for and testing other servers. However, none of them are like Herocraft. A PvP AND PvE Survival RPG-element server with no pay2win? It's just not a thing.

Other servers offer separate worlds, you PvP here and PvE there. One world you're given /win kits and the the other is bland, plain survival. Or worse, it's easy-mode with resource worlds that regenerate daily and flying for donors, so you're literally playing creative with others in a pristine plotme world. Most servers that weren't minigames and auto-geared PvP were empty.

Bleh, I say!

The adventure map does not replace PvE. It's a completely different game. It will be awesome, yes. But it is not a PvE and PvP survival with RPG-elements and Townships.

Per your response to Dionnsai's suggestion about better times for war, it seems like the adventure map is still a ways away and war will be the norm for a while...but after that?

What happens to the dungeons? Will they become PvP-denied like spawn, or bloodbaths? Adventure map description says dungeons will be contested there...so PvP in the PvE dungeons on Zol and no PvP in the PvP dungeons on Val? Will treasures move to the Northern continent as well? Or will dungeons disappear because that's PvE? Will classes level with PvP?

Sorry if the questions sound dumb, but it doesn't seem like this map was created to be full PvP, all the time, on 95% of the map.

I'm sure someone <coughTrazilcough> will come in and teach me a lesson about the old maps and how all this worked out fine before, but I suppose I just worry.

I like war, I hope the times change a bit to have more of a flow, but I like the 'looming threat' of war around the corner when I've left my redstone at home, or I'm racing the clock to get one more level in the dungeon as PvPers look on from the shadows envisioning me as a carebear pinata, ripe for the killing. I like the excitement of venturing out meekly, whipping my mouse around the mousepad at every sound as though the PvPers can smell my fear...and then war being over, and being able to hop and skip back home. I honestly think I'd have a heart attack if I had to do that all the time, every time I logged in.

And unless my eyes deceive me, the countdown to 'purge' is really exciting for PvPers. They sneak out of trade and take positions at the Herogates, the GYs, and town entrances hoping to catch stragglers or noobs for a quick, satisfying kill. They aren't liking the 4 hours of peace, but when war comes it's usually a light show in /o with that colorful language I've mentioned in previous posts.

Thanks for reading.
I used to have this mentality when I first joined (~2 years ago) but to be honest, when full-world PvP is on and the possibility of an attack is always, it's much more fun. PvP isn't as common as you think with such a big world, and PvP helps the server more than you think.

• Wizards Port skill being sold again
• Raises necessity for emeralds and redstone
• Towns become more of a community

Sure, it's not fun getting killed, I'm with you on that boat. You can always practice to get better in Arena or pick a class hard to kill (cleric or paladin :D). IMO, PvP maps have been always more fun, and that's coming from a PvE player.

Last edited:

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I used to have this mentality when I first joined (~2 years ago) but to be honest, when full-world PvP is on and the possibility of an attack is always, it's much more fun. PvP isn't as common as you think with such a big world, and PvP helps the server more than you think.

• Wizards Port skill being sold again
• Raises necessity for emeralds and redstone
• Towns become more of a community

Sure, it's not fun getting killed, I'm with you on that boat. You can always practice to get better in Arena or pick a class hard to kill (cleric or paladin :D). IMO, PvP maps have been always more fun, and that's coming from a PvE player.

Wizard ports and emeralds aren't something I'd really consider, myself, but I suppose they have a place in the pro/con list.

Community I agree with, and I mean...that's the obvious one. Community is of course going to get stronger when no one can ever leave town. >.>

I have ability lag or something, I can't function when people are using abilities, including myself. And that includes spamming a skill on CD.
So really, PvP isn't an option for me, all day every day.

g1ng3r

TNT
I came back to this server because it has war. I can actually build and not be camped outside my town for 6 hours like the last map. I have the opportunity to go out and actually build. If this map goes back to full pvp I will be quitting again. Adventure mode is not a substitute for what we have now. I don't like to pvp but I love the rpg aspect of this server and I love to build. I want that full immersive mmorpg sandbox experience.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2

Bleh, I say!

Thanks for reading.
Wow calling me out like that :eek:
This map as I see it was made with a compromise between PVP and PVE in mind, and just as PVE crept in slowly gaining favor on past maps now PVP is starting to see some love. PVE is becoming less and less as the server population changes, it's like a meta shift in any game. The old maps that were full PVP were not perfect and were far from it, the main issue being that people (myself included) could camp towns for hours on end picking off kills here and there but getting no real reward. The new town plugin IMO is better set up for PVP in the way that you can achieve an end goal of a raid/siege and destroy a town and loot it. If the map were to go full on PVP again though I do not think that you should be able to destroy towns like this though, instead just conquer them for a time where they get increased taxes in which they pay to you, this would provide a goal yet also not have your town be destroyed every time someone decides to go raiding. There have been many changes to herocraft since it's last large PVP map that help new players stand a chance when they get into a fight, such as you can now binds skills to your hotbar, you go right into a combat class, there are dungeons which provide fast leveling and others. I think it would be a good time for herocraft to go back to full PVP because for me and many others that was when we had the most fun on the server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've actually grown quite fond of the full map pvp war times. It adds a certain interesting aspect where it forces pvp for a time but then lets up. If the war time event system is done better with our new "calendar" plugin to manage it, I think it'll be a great addition and will not require full "all the time" pvp.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I've actually grown quite fond of the full map pvp war times. It adds a certain interesting aspect where it forces pvp for a time but then lets up. If the war time event system is done better with our new "calendar" plugin to manage it, I think it'll be a great addition and will not require full "all the time" pvp.

I wanna add a heart, and a like, and a cookie, and a yay!

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter

Thank you. Love the war system~