• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Herocraft 8.0 - War of Souls - Complete Reset! 09/04/15

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
@Thiseus have you tried allocating more ram? I do know how it is playing on a PC that isn't amazing, my first PC would crash if someone shot a bonespear inside my town lol but 20 fps is still playable[/QUOTE]

I used to have terrible lag problems, which really bothered and confused me, because I have a pretty high end rig. I tried reinstalling java, allocating more ram, removing all mods, reinstalling the game as a whole. I had tried optifine in the past, but didn't really see much difference.

However, I then installed the technic launcher which I believe includes optifine and all of a sudden my problems were gone

I went from getting really low fps to crazy numbers, like hundreds higher than I'd ever seen before.

Not sure of your setup, or issues, or if you've tried this already, but it really helped me.

I suspect a lot of the time players complain about server lag, they are actually experiencing video lag.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
UGh, the pve side is what attracted me to the server in the first place. I really hope you rethink this idea. I have neither the system to pvp (my computer lags like its having a seizure) nor the inclination to improve my system when I chose a server to fit what I am available to play and now suddenly it wants to go all pvp.
The Adventure Server will have the flop, 90% PVE and 10% PVP in it, with building in certain areas. We're planning to run both at the same time, it's just taking longer to make a functioning adventure server.

Oh boy, that trailer was pretty epic. Pretty excited for the map reset despite my failure as a pvp-er...I've been running in circles around Lothair for the past like 4 months lol; lookin forward to arrow-spamming people and raiding bases :D...../ch re Lothair is recruiting! Looking for pvp-ers to defend us while we rebuild our beautiful town! hc.to/lothair <3333333333

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Oh boy, that trailer was pretty epic. Pretty excited for the map reset despite my failure as a pvp-er...I've been running in circles around Lothair for the past like 4 months lol; lookin forward to arrow-spamming people and raiding bases :D...../ch re Lothair is recruiting! Looking for pvp-ers to defend us while we rebuild our beautiful town! hc.to/lothair <3333333333
As much as some people might say, having pvp on is generally more fun for everyone. It creates a sense of excitement and danger for everyone playing. The thrill and the risk of getting ganked is such a fun feeling to go through. People seem to assume that with PvP on everywhere, it's just going to be everyone camping noobs. In the past, while there has been some noob camping, 9 times out of 10 when someone is camping noobs, a group of players will go to stop said noob camper, then they will bring people, and a giant fight will ensue. There seems to be a few people (not in any way trying to call you out about anything, just that your post is kind of relevant to this topic) who are in no way excited for PvP everywhere, but I think that these people will be in for a surprise. There's nothing like the feeling of ganking someone you see while they're mining, or having a group of players sneak up on your enemy as they're camping the graveyard.

As much as some people might say, having pvp on is generally more fun for everyone. It creates a sense of excitement and danger for everyone playing. The thrill and the risk of getting ganked is such a fun feeling to go through. People seem to assume that with PvP on everywhere, it's just going to be everyone camping noobs. In the past, while there has been some noob camping, 9 times out of 10 when someone is camping noobs, a group of players will go to stop said noob camper, then they will bring people, and a giant fight will ensue. There seems to be a few people (not in any way trying to call you out about anything, just that your post is kind of relevant to this topic) who are in no way excited for PvP everywhere, but I think that these people will be in for a surprise. There's nothing like the feeling of ganking someone you see while they're mining, or having a group of players sneak up on your enemy as they're camping the graveyard.
Uh, I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't really against the idea of full pvp...the current world of Herocraft was actually the first server I tried that wasnt full PVP and had a PvE section so yea.... and I agree with you, I loved roaming around, seeing a nameplate, and sneaking up behind the player to backstab them and take all their hard-earned loot, or shooting someone off a tower 100 blocks high; I understand that people arent usually camped, especially when players are in groups, which they are. Soooooo yea, again... I don't mind the full pvp lol I know how to survive #vanillatactics

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Uh, I think you may have misunderstood me. I wasn't really against the idea of full pvp...the current world of Herocraft was actually the first server I tried that wasnt full PVP and had a PvE section so yea.... and I agree with you, I loved roaming around, seeing a nameplate, and sneaking up behind the player to backstab them and take all their hard-earned loot, or shooting someone off a tower 100 blocks high; I understand that people arent usually camped, especially when players are in groups, which they are. Soooooo yea, again... I don't mind the full pvp lol I know how to survive #vanillatactics
and you're the kind of player that I love to see, the kind that is open and accepting of new things. Of course I could be considered hypocritical from that statement, seeing as I was very vocal in my dislike for a heavy pve environment, however mine and others arguments is that it was a step back and not a step forward. Regardless, nice to see players like you :).

Guardian787

Legacy Supporter 9

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, I guess I now have no motive to continue my build since the wipe is so soon. Chances are very slim I continue playing on the new map, so good luck to all and I might pop in randomly time to time.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Well, I guess I now have no motive to continue my build since the wipe is so soon. Chances are very slim I continue playing on the new map, so good luck to all and I might pop in randomly time to time.
Yeah sorta starting to feel this way also after hearing that everything outside of GP areas can be griefed. Hope this will be changed.