• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft 4.0 - Unleashed!

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Bankers have been removed right now. The DHX is open to all. It's like an ATM. Go there and click the signs.

Aren't seperate DHX bankers still required for higher priced gold purchase to Township Mayors/Bankers? Because that can't be done through signshops..

cloke11

Gold
I hope you are all enjoying yourself because it still treats me as if I'm not whitelisted, oh well nothing is perfect.

Matt5327

Legacy Supporter 3
Apparently Mollstam just found out five hours ago, and it's many players complaining. So it's mojang.
The problem is, everything appears to be in working order from his perspective (so says his tweet).
Expect this to be a long one.

First off!
Thanks to everyone who helped create this Herocraft 4.0! It has taken a lot of time and effort and everyone who was involved helped us immensely!

Major Changes
  • The new main spawn city is named Bastion.
  • Better starting setup
    • Crafters now have basic survival skills (SummonPick/Warp)
    • Level 10 and below players cannot PVP.
    • Completely new introduction / tutorial area.
  • Township changes
    • Township banks (both for upgrades and weekly tax).
    • Township tax (now gets deducted every 7 days).
    • Township automation of protection.
    • Township protection now works chunk by chunk (bed to sky)
    • Township titles for Mayor/SIC.
    • A hard cap for townships of (25) - number may change.
    • Massive boxy walls and glass domes = ILLEGAL (will be torn down by admins)
  • Leveling Rate
    • Slightly increased the amount of exp lost on death.
    • Greatly decreased the time to master combat specializations.
  • PVP Protection
    • All pvp-off areas have been reduced greatly.
    • Only the immediate and necessary areas have pvp-off.
    • Tutorial area pvp off to introduce newbies to the game.
  • Spawn Plots/Shops
    • Completely automated with BuyRegion
    • "spawn" plots are rented for lesser prices every 2 weeks to a month
  • Economy Changes
    • Gold will still be traded for coin.
    • Emerald is the new currency item for Merchants > Villagers.
    • Trade District will be overhauled/changed.
  • The Nexus / Multiverse
    • Museum Maps.
    • Special Maps/Events.
    • Creative Worlds.
  • Quest EXP
    • Tutorial Area has quests to introduce the system
    • Collect/Kill/Locate/PVP quests are incoming SOON!
  • Donation Revamp
    • Changed the perks around.
  • Staff Changes
    • New Admin -> Alator
  • The Greylist
    • All players can connect to Herocraft
    • Whitelisted players can global chat, place/destroy blocks
    • Donating will get greylisted users build rights.
  • Anti-Glitch Prevention
    • Added Chest Fixes - no more block-lagging into chests (Needs testing)
  • 1.3 Changes
    • Enderchests (Probably going to Merchant).
    • Villagers will be highly sought after to trade.
Balance Changes:
  • All item-damage now scales by level. As a result, Level 1 Specs will do lower damage than Max-Level Specs. Paths will be unaffected. More info can be found here.
  • SkillVillagerTrade (coded by yours truly!) is now granted to Merchants.
  • Mobs will no longer drop COINS, they instead will drop NUGGETS. Seek them out!
  • All Combat classes can now gain QUESTING exp
  • Replaced Thief for Runeblade-> Skills (testing) here ->http://pastie.org/private/sln4mdhqyfslpyv77gv3q
  • Replaced Geomancer for Pyromancer -> Skills (testing) here ->http://pastie.org/private/sssxod4xflt3i3neilge5w
  • Added "Scribe" under Crafter Specializations Skills (testing) here ->http://pastie.org/private/hs0h5thb1lr9nybgohuupw
  • Specializations now have a new order of skills, use /skills <classname> to see!
  • HeroTowns info -> http://pastie.org/private/rfimmgi8vf7o6pjaka2goa
  • Fixed issues where HeroTowns would not upgrade protection size (Thanks @Danda / @Sleaker)
  • Healing skills now have a HEAL animation on the target. (Thanks @mung3r!)
  • Skills that have had reagent "book" now has the reagent of "flint"

Sounds good. The only reason I'm posting in this thread however is to point out how fking awesome your avatar is. Long live old-school FF!

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
Aren't seperate DHX bankers still required for higher priced gold purchase to Township Mayors/Bankers? Because that can't be done through signshops..

Who said Townships get a better price than everyone else? ;)

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
That's circular logic imo. The common player has a much harder time acquiring gold than towns.

Towns acquire gold from citizens, who sell the gold to the towns because they provide a higher price than DHX does for regular citizens. Towns then sell their gold to the DHX for a small profit. Towns get money, bankers have a job, citizens are happy because they get a relatively high selling price, the economy can be manipulated by players varying their gold prices, and everything goes smoothly.

That worked fine for the last forever. It'd be great to see it put back into action this map.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
Towns acqure gold from citizens, who sell the gold to the towns because they provide a higher price than DHX does for regular citizens. Towns then sell their gold to the DHX for a small profit. Towns get money, bankers have a job, citizens are happy because they get a relatively high selling price, the economy can be manipulated by players varying their gold prices, and everything goes smoothly.

That worked fine for the last forever. It'd be great to see it put back into action this map.

Circular logic or not I 100% agree on this.

bearcat99

Sir GrowlMeow
Legacy Supporter 2
I don't understand why towns need more money? If it's taxation reasons, well, your citizens are getting a fair price and should be donating some of their money to keep the town going. If it is expansion reasons, that also falls on your citizens. Either way, the township system last map with gold was not working the way it should. It worked for previous maps, but the server is getting bigger and busier. It is up to the individual to risk their gold and travel all the way to spawn to sell their gold at the DHX.

Soulmass

Legacy Supporter 5
Really? Is no one answering all the people with whitelist problems? I too am being treated as though I've never whitelisted when I log in, and since my fellow greylist heroes are being ignored, I can only assume we'er being complete dumbasses and missing something very obvious? I did see something vauge about the problem on the minecraft forums, but I still am confused as to why people who have already whitelisted, like me and the above, on dragon, now are greylisted.
I'm sure it's something simple that I've no doubt overlooked, so can anyone please point me via link to a fix for this problem. Sorry for my ignorance, but please believe that if previously whitelisted people have to re-apply, it was not made obvious to me, and it seems rather unnecessary. If anyone can help out I'd really appreciate it.
Much obliged.

cloke11

Gold
Really? Is no one answering all the people with whitelist problems? I too am being treated as though I've never whitelisted when I log in, and since my fellow greylist heroes are being ignored, I can only assume we'er being complete dumbasses and missing something very obvious? I did see something vauge about the problem on the minecraft forums, but I still am confused as to why people who have already whitelisted, like me and the above, on dragon, now are greylisted.
I'm sure it's something simple that I've no doubt overlooked, so can anyone please point me via link to a fix for this problem. Sorry for my ignorance, but please believe that if previously whitelisted people have to re-apply, it was not made obvious to me, and it seems rather unnecessary. If anyone can help out I'd really appreciate it.
Much obliged.

Maybe you're right about us missing something everyone else knew about, or maybe they are just ignoring the problem in hopes that it will go away? Either way I just checked back today and you could probably guess, still treats me as if I'm not whitelisted.[DOUBLEPOST=1347312141,1347311909][/DOUBLEPOST]I shall repost my application in hopes that it will be seen and approved again (I'm not just trolling I was accepted a week or 2 before the update (possibly the reason?)) in hopes it will land me on the whitelist, where I should have been from the start, wish me luck and I will report back with the outcome