• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion /hero verbose exp - Necessary?

DavidKkz

TNT
You used to not get exp from stone, and until recently I realized why. However, I would rather get exp from stone but not see it (sometimes). I also did not like getting the "No experience gained - block placed too recently".

Why should I have to turn off all my experience gained as a miner just to see the chat? What if I still want to see some exp that I get?
I have a solution, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to fix, but it doesn't seem like programming the solution would be that hard.

You don't want to see exp from stone or dirt? Why not hold it in your hand and say "/showxp" so that whatever is being held will turn on, or off, the xp log for that item if it is placed or broken. Sometimes I don't care about the chat and would like to see all those fancy numbers, and sometimes I prefer it from enemies but not others. Maybe I only want to see gold or diamonds.

Holding the item:
/showxp

Not holding the item:
/showxp all - Turns all of them on or off depending its last value
/showxp [name] - would be good for enemies to be turned back on
- /showxp baddies
- /showxp skeleton
- /showxp diamond
- /showxp dirt

If any of them are on, they will be turned off. I believe many people would appreciate this.