• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Hero Buy

EzMac2099

TNT
Changing classes in Herocraft is way too expensive, even the 250 souls flat rate change is over most players' budget.

Most of us will end up staying one class for months on end in fear of; changing to a class that may not be suitable, being in a weekend state vulnerable to raids and attacks, etc in order to save from wasting hundreds if not thousands of souls.

I would like to see an option to be able to buy classes and professions for X amount of money, say 1000 souls. This system would give the player the ability to switch to that class without a fee. Note, I'm not saying to get rid of this 250s 'rental' system, but to add an option to buy. Of course this system could be abused so I would suggest adding limits on it, for instance how often one could change classes for free.

PROS
1. Players stay entertained trying new classes
2. Long time players level more classes meaning more EXP Boosts =P
3. Players get a better understanding of other classes
4. Another money sink
5. Many more that I haven't thought about

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I'm going to guess that from what I've seen of Kain he'd say no or add some condition to it that you probably won't want.
Can't speak for him though, so that's just the guess.

Personally, I'd just pay the 250 because I refuse to switch away anyway.

EzMac2099

TNT
What was Kainzo's view on class changes and money before? I really don't see a down side to side to what i suggested. Those that take advantage of it benefit from it, those that don't, are in the same boat as before.

My reasoning behind this is that I'm a hoarder like most people on herocraft and don't like wasting my money unnecessarily. Allowing me to buy a class in Herocraft will give me something else to work for and be a permanent investment. No one likes renting. I stayed wizard for about 5 months last map, saved a lot of money doing so, but perhaps become biased towards certain other classes.

With the significant decrease in currency this map I feel that we should be getting a better bang for our buck. If this system were implemented I'm sure many would make it a goal to obtain every class. That's (16 classes + 8 professions ) * 1000 souls which is 24k, per person.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Although I like the idea of outright buying a class for free switching I am guessing there would be a timer.

Dare I make a counter suggestion?

You get one free class change 48 hours after your last class change.
If you have already changed classes in the last 48 hours you can pay 250s to prematurely switch again.
If you buy a class for 1000s, you can switch to that class in as little as 6 hours from your last class switch for free
If you buy a class for 1000s, and then decide to switch in less then 6 hours from your last switch it's 250s to prematurely switch

EzMac2099

TNT
Yeah I was thinking about a whole lot of conditions but I wanted to keep it straight and simple.

I believe the way the system works right now is that you cannot change classes more than once a day, which i believe is sufficient enough to prevent against abusing this game mechanic: Dragoon > Super jump > Wizard > Group Teleport into enemy base > Favorite class