• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Herald Team] What does our community want made?

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Heroes!

Please give me some suggestions for services you want to see the Herald team provide!

I want the team to do a little more than just try to advertise the server and bring new players in, I want to provide media to entertain those who are already here! Our newcomers can check out this same media and it will serve as an additional hook to reel these people in!

I'm thinking:

• Podcast (HeroCast! Audio-only news show by the community, about the community, for the community)
  • Meet the Class series
  • Town tours

For things such as town tours, the towns will have to agree and support the herald taking the video. Heralds don't have access to god mode ya' know.

What do you guys wanna see from us?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
HeroCraft: Meet the Class

...or another title. I think it would be awesome if the herald team would make 'Meet the Class' videos about all the classes and maybe professions, that would present their skillsets, play styles ect... This would not only be an awesome promotional gag, but also help newbies pick classes and learn about hero's and how to play them. Sort of like a League of Legend Summoner Spotlight, but with hero's.

We would need to have like Morgan Freeman narrating this to make it amazingly awesome though, else someone with a really sexy voice.
Heralds

Anyone else like this idea, anything to add?

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
After you do the towns you could tour the map and do little bits on individual houses / estates that you find interesting or in out of the way places. Since all buildings are supposed to have name plates it would be easy to find the owners and do a little interview with them.

Things to promote all aspects of the server - like the group of people gathering to make roads and such throughout the land. All sorts of stuff - like an article about the Dragon near Paragon, or the Sea Serpent, or any other large piece of art.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
After you do the towns you could tour the map and do little bits on individual houses / estates that you find interesting or in out of the way places. Since all buildings are supposed to have name plates it would be easy to find the owners and do a little interview with them.

Things to promote all aspects of the server - like the group of people gathering to make roads and such throughout the land. All sorts of stuff - like an article about the Dragon near Paragon, or the Sea Serpent, or any other large piece of art.
This is stuff we want to see and do tours about, but we need the community to send us information of where to find these things etc.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
HeroCraft: Meet the Class

...or another title. I think it would be awesome if the herald team would make 'Meet the Class' videos about all the classes and maybe professions, that would present their skillsets, play styles ect... This would not only be an awesome promotional gag, but also help newbies pick classes and learn about hero's and how to play them. Sort of like a League of Legend Summoner Spotlight, but with hero's.

We would need to have like Morgan Freeman narrating this to make it amazingly awesome though, else someone with a really sexy voice.
Heralds

Anyone else like this idea, anything to add?
DIelan is OS's official sexy voice, so we won't have a problem with that. ;)

Oh, let's see... I agree with Xargun about the builds being shown off, intermixed with the Town videos. Also, a blog reboot would probably be good, as I haven't noticed anything from that for a while. (Also FB reboot? Brutal and Jloy aren't exactly active for that)

As for podcast, you definitely have my support with that. <3

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Heroes!

Please give me some suggestions for services you want to see the Herald team provide!

I want the team to do a little more than just try to advertise the server and bring new players in, I want to provide media to entertain those who are already here! Our newcomers can check out this same media and it will serve as an additional hook to reel these people in!

I'm thinking:

• Podcast (HeroCast! Audio-only news show by the community, about the community, for the community)
  • Meet the Class series
  • Town tours
For things such as town tours, the towns will have to agree and support the herald taking the video. Heralds don't have access to god mode ya' know.

What do you guys wanna see from us?

We had been meaning to show off the architecture of Paragon for a long time, but just hadn't gotten around to making films between all the other stuff going on. I'd be happy to help a herald show off our beautiful city.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Herocraft Meet the Class videos was something I had started to work on using the Blender animation program. I am still trying to learn the ropes of Blender, and hopefully sometime in the future these videos will be something I can produce!

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I heard speak of Meet the Class on the Community Meeting. Sounds like a really cool idea.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Meet the class/Class spotlight is something we definitely should do. Gonna take time though as we need someone as voice actor and we'd need to plan it out in detail.