• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Healers: Making it easier (for single target spells)

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright.... so here something that I been seeing before, and I just remembered. As a healer it is very annoying to have to set some macros for only healing 1 person and having to take care of each one individually. Also the fact that the targetting system on one player will most of the time make the spell cast on yourself instead of the player you want to heal in your party...

So now... how to fix this? Well.... I been thinking about this: Why not make it that you can choose to cast your spell to the nearest target?

instead of having like /skill rejuvenate, you would have /skill rejuvenate nearest. This way, it will heal the nearest party person that you want to heal. Also a /skill rejuvenate self would heal yourself instead.

This will help healers that have a pain on going on and on back in their macros to add the name of the player which can have a long name and waste time with. Also does not help when your party is 9 people.

I know that we already have skills t hat target nearest to a blast with fireblast, so why not maybe make the heal go off to nearest to the player.

Hope this is possible.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I want heals to heal the Player on top OR bottem of your party list ( it goes by health?)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I personally haven't used any healer classes apart from paladin on siege. I did find that I kept casting absolution on myself rather than my party members. This is a very creative solution to a reasonably annoying problem. I really like it! :D

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I personally haven't used any healer classes apart from paladin on siege. I did find that I kept casting absolution on myself rather than my party members. This is a very creative solution to a reasonably annoying problem. I really like it! :D
Masterd Bloodmage, Druid, Cleric, Disciple and got paladin lvl 50 in haven, Trust me it sux

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
atm the best solutions are:

A: Get a mouse with a lot of side buttons for heals.

B: Bind 1-2-3-4-5 (more if you can reach) for heals.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
But still, it gets annoying to have all those binds for healing in the end.

Best get something new for them.