• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Healer Smite Bug

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
It seems the healers smite skill 1 hit kills enderman, all animals(might not be bug), and I am guessing a few other mobs, to me it did normal damage to skeletons, creepers, spiders(black), and zombies. In chat someone had said it was 1hit killing everything for them? So this bug isnt exactly "annoying" but it does give leveling advantages.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
according to wiki :

Smite Deal 10 damage to target get at level 1, costs 25 mana to cast, with 5 second cooldown.

and from various sources in chat:
" smite. instakilled cow +1"
"smite has a massive range"
"Smite + Gold Hoe = Win"

I think its needs to be at a higher level to gain, and/or have cooldown increased..
In my mind, a healer doesnt use DPS, they are a support class not something to go solo on and fight one on one.

Smite comes to mind as an OH CRAP last resort skill.

In thinking about it, make it cost higher mana, like 40 ish, and have the cool down be around 30-ish seconds...

Healer shouldnt be able to take on anything one on one with smite, except a cow or pig.

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
So your saying casters should get fireball at lvl 1 but leave healers defensless except they're hoe, with no skills that you can use to knock back an enemy? The cool down probably could be increased to 10 or 8, but this will make it less affective in pvp.​

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
they can have smit but put it higher cooldown and cost to mana. A band-aid dispenser shouldn't be going to toe to toe with anything.

with there hoe they already have 43 hp coming outta the gate, its a party class for a reason. they arent supposed to be doing damage

form the wiki:

The Healer is a Path based on providing survivability and assistance to their team. Offensively weak they make up with it by being able to counter foe's attacks - subsequently turning the tide of the battle dramatically.

Support class, if a healer goes one on one with enderman/player and can 2-3 shot it, its no longer a support class.
Its right up there with dps/melee classes.

casters fireballs have to HIT to do damage.. they get 4, I think if they manage mana right, but only one outta 4 hits with lag, and movement. (varies on players 'abilities' on keyboard)

Casters fireball cost 30 mp, and they dont get it till level 5, I did hear @Kainzo was going to move it to level 1, not sure. And caster start same health as healer does with hoe.

In short yes, healers, and support classes should be teaming up with other classes, not running around pvp/pve one on one.

to quote: " Hardcore for a reason"

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I think healer should stay the way it is now, because it's fine. Or maybe they should get even more advantages! Make it the "easy to use" class for newbies, since once they spec they need to use skill to overcome shortcomings.

Like, as a warrior leveling is really, really hard at the beginning, but they payoff with the warrior specs is tremendous. The payoff with the healer specs is good too, but you STILL have a hard time fighting monsters and pvp, you just get better at support, which makes sense. So what if the healer path is easier to level at first? It's not like they are gonna beat up a warrior 1v1 once both players spec into a new class.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It seems the healers smite skill 1 hit kills enderman, all animals(might not be bug), and I am guessing a few other mobs, to me it did normal damage to skeletons, creepers, spiders(black), and zombies. In chat someone had said it was 1hit killing everything for them? So this bug isnt exactly "annoying" but it does give leveling advantages.
I havent been able to reproduce this.... checking on it.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I checked this the other night.

It takes smite 4 times, ie 40 hp to drop a fresh warrior, no armor etc.

so its working according to wiki., 10 hp damage per.
40 damage after four casts of smite, and kills a 40hp warrior.

still a band aid dispenser....

:D

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I checked this the other night.

It takes smite 4 times, ie 40 hp to drop a fresh warrior, no armor etc.

so its working according to wiki., 10 hp damage per.
40 damage after four casts of smite, and kills a 40hp warrior.

still a band aid dispenser....

:D
armor my friend, that is your advantage