• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Healer- Shaman

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
So we are doing healers at the moment and since shaman was a healer and I hear it needs a rework I guess we can do it now.

Tagging @0xNaomi because we need your input.

Changes:
  • Totem radius, currently 5 blocks, increase to 7 blocks.
  • Firestrike totem, Remove fireticks on fireballs shot.
  • Remove Shockingstrike and eartheryfury.
Leave your thoughts below please and tell me on changes as I am no expert on shaman.

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I was under the impression that shaman is a caster now. I agree there are things that are needed to be changed but we should focus on the actual healers first.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Shaman is nothing at the moment...Its in a severe need of a rework and based on that it could go either way.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
Shaman is nothing at the moment...Its in a severe need of a rework and based on that it could go either way.

If attribute points are sticking around, it would be nice to allow shaman to go either way through how a person allocates their points.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If attribute points are sticking around, it would be nice to allow shaman to go either way through how a person allocates their points.
Very doable, but in order to do this either role would need to be viable, and for that to work shaman NEEDS more skills.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
So wasn't the reason shock totem got scrapped that the lightning was insane worldwide? Since the sound is fixed we could always add this skill again.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
So wasn't the reason shock totem got scrapped that the lightning was insane worldwide? Since the sound is fixed we could always add this skill again.
Well one thing that Kainzo wants is scraping the melee skills. So like I said, we need more skills.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Shaman Skill: Ways of Nature (debatable) Grants all party members 15% more hp and youself 25% more hp, while giving you and party members a debuff of any beneficial magical skills. Warmup 3 seconds, CoolDown 1 min

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
So we are doing healers at the moment and since shaman was a healer and I hear it needs a rework I guess we can do it now.

Tagging @0xNaomi because we need your input.

Changes:
  • Totem radius, currently 5 blocks, increase to 7 blocks.
  • Firestrike totem, after testing with mobs it doesn't all ways hit the target and deals little damage making it very unreliable skill. Replacement- Fire charge, warmup 1.5 seconds, A targeted skill which shoots a powerful fire charge dealing 60 + 1.5 intellect damage.
  • Make shockingstrike armour piercing.
  • Increase range of shocking strike from 3 to 5 blocks.
Leave your thoughts below please and tell me on changes as I am no expert on shaman.
  • Increase totem range
  • Keep FireStrike Totem
    • Get rid of the fireticks. They are what cause the totem do sometimes not do damage and what cause it to be 'unreliable' (vanilla invulnerability ticks)
  • Remove the melee skills
  • Re-Add Shocking Totem
It probably needs a lot more changes than what has been listed like removing the heals, adding another new skill, etc.

I also think this should not be our priority. We said that we were going to focus on the healers, then warriors. Since we are transitioning Shaman to Caster we should wait until we are working on the Casters

Ruger392

Obsidian
  • Increase totem range
  • Keep FireStrike Totem
    • Get rid of the fireticks. They are what cause the totem do sometimes not do damage and what cause it to be 'unreliable' (vanilla invulnerability ticks)
  • Remove the melee skills
  • Re-Add Shocking Totem
It probably needs a lot more changes than what has been listed like removing the heals, adding another new skill, etc.

I also think this should not be our priority. We said that we were going to focus on the healers, then warriors. Since we are transitioning Shaman to Caster we should wait until we are working on the Casters
Atm we need skills for shaman feel free to suggest any! I'd like to think of the class as a caster with buffs

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Lets get the big question out of the way. @Kainzo should shaman be a support, a mage, or either depending on how you allocate attributes?

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Very doable, but in order to do this either role would need to be viable, and for that to work shaman NEEDS more skills.

So these skills need to be removed, confirm?
  • Shocking strke
  • Earthenfury