• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Healer balancing against caster?

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
Casters like Wizard have large mana pools PLUS mana-regen skills like consume and replenish giving them 200% mana.
Healing skills just got nerfed and cost 1 mana/hp which makes it a lot harder to heal since we can't restore mana.

I was under the impression that healers were supposed to be able to heal at the same rate casters deal damage, yet instant-cast combos like fireball/fireblast (with 100% accuracy and long range) make it increasingly hard to heal against these spells with no instant cast heals.

I'm wondering what the mana costs are for casters' damage-dealing skills and if it's a 1-to-1 ratio of mana to damage, and why healing got nerfed.

I know cleric, for example, is hard to kill because it can keep healing itself with 1 skill after the next: bandage/pray/chant/etc. Other games have a cool down between skills like healing skills/damage skills, so that could be fixed by adding in cool downs between different skills. That negates fireball/fireblast combos doing insane damage really quickly and healing combos.

in short, ideas:
  • mana restoring skills for healer or bigger mana pool to match casters
  • cd between damage or healing combos

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Casters like Wizard have large mana pools PLUS mana-regen skills like consume and replenish giving them 200% mana.

Druids also have replenish and the still have decent mana.

Healing skills just got nerfed and cost 1 mana/hp which makes it a lot harder to heal since we can't restore mana.

Cleric Heals:

Bandage:
- 8 Mana
- 15 HP
- 1.875 HP/Mana
- 0 Second Cooldown

Pray:
- 10 Mana
- 25 HP
- 2.5 HP/Mana
- 5 second Cooldown

Chant:
- 15 Mana
- 35 HP
- 2.33 HP/Mana
- 9 second Cooldown

Groupheal:
- 20 Mana
- 20 HP per Player
- 1 HP/Mana x Players
- 9 second Cooldown

I was under the impression that healers were supposed to be able to heal at the same rate casters deal damage, yet instant-cast combos like fireball/fireblast (with 100% accuracy and long range) make it increasingly hard to heal against these spells with no instant cast heals.

Rejuvenate instant cast, chakra instant cast for what it means, group heal is nearly instant cast. Only disciples and bloodmages should have this problem - but bloodmages shit on casters anyway.

I'm wondering what the mana costs are for casters' damage-dealing skills and if it's a 1-to-1 ratio of mana to damage, and why healing got nerfed.

I know cleric, for example, is hard to kill because it can keep healing itself with 1 skill after the next: bandage/pray/chant/etc. Other games have a cool down between skills like healing skills/damage skills, so that could be fixed by adding in cool downs between different skills. That negates fireball/fireblast combos doing insane damage really quickly and healing combos.

There is a global cooldown but it's too low to mean anything, I would like it extended by a second.

in short, ideas:
  • mana restoring skills for healer or bigger mana pool to match casters
  • cd between damage or healing combos

See red.

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
Cleric's bandage AND pray both cost 10 mana?
Disciple's bandage costs 15 and pray costs 25.

That's unbalanced.

Didag

Legacy Supporter 7
Druid is the only spec with a mana regen skill. How are the other classes supposed to regen mana if they need it fast?

And btw I'm a disciple. Bandage heals about 1 heart for me and it costs about 10 mana :/ Not the best when you have to heal in battle.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
Druid is the only spec with a mana regen skill. How are the other classes supposed to regen mana if they need it fast?

And btw I'm a disciple. Bandage heals about 1 heart for me and it costs about 10 mana :/ Not the best when you have to heal in battle.

Clerics have incredible mana effeciency and disciple is a class focused around it's other capabilities - it's not a primary healer.

I'm not going to bother explaining how bloodmage has tranfuse which is also mana regeneration because most people don't even seem to realize the class exists.

Cleric's bandage AND pray both cost 10 mana?
Disciple's bandage costs 15 and pray costs 25.

That's unbalanced.

Clerics are primary healers - disciples are not, and should be focused around their other abilities tbh.

To clarify: Anyone who says, "why can't I heal better", when they are playing disciples, should learn to choose a suitable class to what they want to do - i.e. not disciple.