• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

HC Class Ideas

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I just had some fun ideas for new classes to add to Herocraft. I think it's safe to say that the Balance Team and Kain and the Coders have full plates at the moment, so I'm not officially suggesting them. Critique or whatever feels right with where your heart's all up in if you know what I'm saying.

Pumpkin Mages
A small sect of mages who pioneered the creation of golems in order to protect the realms from the empty horror of the End. Sometimes having the abyss stare into you makes you want to stare right back.

~Unlocked by mastering Druid and Necromancer
Max HP: 90
Uses Mana
Leather Armor - Pumpkin Helm - Gold Armor
Weapon: Shears (knives)- 5 damage

Skills:
  • Pumpkin Mask- Passive, wearing a Pumpkin on the head reduces melee damage taken by 3.
  • Pumpkin Pie- Restores 35 mana. Consumes Pumpkin.
  • Pelt- Passive, snowballs deal 12HP and slow foes for 2 seconds.
  • Iron Arm- Tosses the foe into the air, leaving them to suffer fall damage. Consumes Iron Ingot.
  • Empty Stare- For the next 10 seconds, any foe in the user's reticle takes 4HP per tick and is silenced for 3 seconds. Consumes Ender Pearl.
  • Infernal Stare- For the next 10 seconds, any foe in the user's reticle takes 2 damage per tick and is lit aflame, dealing 2HP per tick for 5 seconds. Consumes Eye of Ender.
  • Jack's Candle- Deals 10 damage to all enemies within 4 blocks and ignites them, dealing 2HP per tick for 5 seconds. Consumes Torch.
  • Pumpkin Spirit- If user is within 3 blocks of a pumpkin block or stalk, they vanish for 10 seconds, or until they attack or are damaged by a non-AoE attack.
  • Invigorate- Heals party or self by 10HP and grants a speed buff for 15 seconds. Consumes Rose.
  • FaceCarver- For the next 10 seconds, hits landed by shears have a 33% to deal 10 damage and inflict a 5-second Despair effect.
That's all for tonight.
Next time: The Inquisitor, a holy warrior dedicated to passing judgement on witchcraft in all it's forms.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Haha, Pumpkin Mage sound great. I wish I knew Java, or else I would try to code some of those skills. I like how you took something that sounds a little whimsical and made it into a viable class.

My only concerns would be stacking the stare skills with autoattacks, but that's minor.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
There should be a Pumkin warlord. With a lots of insta DMG with random effects. And high DMG pumkin

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Haha, Pumpkin Mage sound great. I wish I knew Java, or else I would try to code some of those skills. I like how you took something that sounds a little whimsical and made it into a viable class.

My only concerns would be stacking the stare skills with autoattacks, but that's minor.
I wonder whether it's possible to prevent the use of melee attacks while a skill is active. That would fix that. And thanks for the compliments! :3

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Inquisitors
The order of Inquisitors crusade against the many sorts of magic-users of the world. They wear heavy armor, wield spears and other tools, and occasionally call on a being they regard as their master to produce magical effects without casting spells themselves.

~Unlocked by mastering Cleric and Dragoon
Max HP: 100
Uses Stamina
Iron Armor - Diamond Helm - Gold Armor
Weapon: Diamond Shovel (spear), 7HP

Skills:
  • Chain- Victim takes 10HP, is knocked back, and is Silenced and Slowed for 6 seconds. Consumes Iron Bars.
  • Barrier- Passive, magic-based attacks deal 1/2 damage while the user wears a gold chestplate.
  • Nullify- All players, user included, within 10 blocks are silenced for 45 seconds. Consumes Book.
  • Rally- User or party regains half of their missing stamina.
  • HolyLance- For the next 10 seconds, hits landed with a spear knock foes back, interrupt warming-up spells and inflict slow for 1 second. Consumes Gold Nugget.
  • Pyre- Target is immobilized and set on fire for 5 seconds, taking 4HP damage per tick. Consumes Netherrack.
  • Smite II- Lightning strikes the enemy, dealing 16HP and preventing mana regen for 15 seconds. Consumes Gunpowder.
Next: The Judge, a semi-divine being with fearsome skills, but who is slow to act.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I just had some fun ideas for new classes to add to Herocraft. I think it's safe to say that the Balance Team and Kain and the Coders have full plates at the moment, so I'm not officially suggesting them. Critique or whatever feels right with where your heart's all up in if you know what I'm saying.

Pumpkin Mages
A small sect of mages who pioneered the creation of golems in order to protect the realms from the empty horror of the End. Sometimes having the abyss stare into you makes you want to stare right back.

~Unlocked by mastering Druid and Necromancer
Uses Mana
Leather Armor - Pumpkin Helm - Gold Armor
Weapon: Shears (knives)- 5 damage

Skills:
  • Pumpkin Mask- Passive, wearing a Pumpkin on the head reduces melee damage taken by 3.
  • Pumpkin Pie- Restores 35 mana. Consumes Pumpkin.
  • Pelt- Passive, snowballs deal 12HP and slow foes for 2 seconds.
  • Iron Arm- Tosses the foe into the air, leaving them to suffer fall damage. Consumes Iron Ingot.
  • Empty Stare- For the next 10 seconds, any foe in the user's reticle takes 4HP per tick and is silenced for 3 seconds. Consumes Ender Pearl.
  • Infernal Stare- For the next 10 seconds, any foe in the user's reticle takes 2 damage per tick and is lit aflame, dealing 2HP per tick for 5 seconds. Consumes Eye of Ender.
  • Jack's Candle- Deals 10 damage to all enemies within 4 blocks and ignites them, dealing 2HP per tick for 5 seconds. Consumes Torch.
  • Pumpkin Spirit- If user is within 3 blocks of a pumpkin block or stalk, they vanish for 10 seconds, or until they attack or are damaged by a non-AoE attack.
  • Invigorate- Heals party or self by 10HP and grants a speed buff for 15 seconds. Consumes Rose.
  • FaceCarver- For the next 10 seconds, hits landed by shears have a 33% to deal 10 damage and inflict a 5-second Despair effect.
That's all for tonight.

Next time: The Inquisitor, a holy warrior dedicated to passing judgement on witchcraft in all it's forms.

I really like this class, although due to the ability to spam snowballs with "pelt", you could wipe out any class within a few seconds.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I really like this class, although due to the ability to spam snowballs with "pelt", you could wipe out any class within a few seconds.
Maybe. I just wanted a Snow Golem skill. :p It could be activated per snowball.

Edit: or reduce the damage to 3 or 4 and call that Pumpkin Mage's ranged damage option.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Judges
Once mere mortals, the Judges gained terrible power through ancient and costly rituals. Intentions vary from one to another, but they are all forced by their pacts to "judge" others- that is, fight them. They're powerful, but slower than the average combatant.

~Unlocked by mastering Geomancer and Dreadknight.
Uses Mana and Stamina
Chain Armor - Gold Armor
Weapon: Blaze Rod (standard), 6HP

*Judge's global cooldown is 6 seconds long*
*Judge cannot sprint for 4 seconds after using any skill except for Descend and BurningStandard.*

Skills:
  • Descend- Passive, tapping and holding the space bar while airborne slows falling to a safe speed. Activation consumes Feather and costs mana, continued use costs stamina.
  • BurningStandard- For the next 12 seconds, hits landed with a Blaze Rod deal 12HP, break spells that are warming up and ignite foes, 1HP/tick for 4 seconds. Each hit landed costs stamina, and activation costs mana.
  • Wrath- Single foe is struck by lightning for 30HP, foes within 3 blocks of the victim take 20HP, and all affected players cannot regenerate stamina or mana for 9 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Nova- All enemies within 5 blocks of the user are dealt 30HP and lit aflame, 3HP/tick for 3 seconds. User loses 4HP for every foe affected. Costs mana and stamina.
  • Void- Target foe and enemies within 3 blocks of the victim are slowed, silenced, afflicted with Despair, and lose 4HP/tick for 4 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Inspiration- User or party is granted the effects of Might, Wisdom and One, and magic-based attacks deal 25% more damage for 15 seconds. Costs stamina.
  • DivineTouch- User or party is cured of negative effects, healed for 33%HP, and made immune to negative effects for 6 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Condemn- Targeted enemy takes 2x damage from all damage sources for 9 seconds. Consumes Eye of Ender, costs mana.
Bear in mind each skill would have it's own (probably quite long) cooldown as well. Nobody is going to get bombarded with Wrath 6 times in a row.

These 3 were my original ideas (Pumpkin Mage is my favorite) . Now that I'm on the subject, though, there are a couple still bouncing around in my head. I may make up one of these for Fool or Scholar or whatever else I come up with.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
This amuses me, but like with the previous path choices I still think there needs to be at least two for each class. Also, I love the Inquisitor. I like both of the the divine ideas, and yet..

I'm still am even more in love with the idea of a good Necromancer. The Pumpkin Mage is my favorite of the three. I know it isn't quiet death magic, but it's close enough for me. That makes me want to come up with another one for Necromancer, whether or not it's good is a toss up though. Either way it will be fun thinking about it.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Judges
Once mere mortals, the Judges gained terrible power through ancient and costly rituals. Intentions vary from one to another, but they are all forced by their pacts to "judge" others- that is, fight them. They're powerful, but slower than the average combatant.

~Unlocked by mastering Geomancer and Dreadknight.
Uses Mana and Stamina
Chain Armor - Gold Armor
Weapon: Blaze Rod (standard), 6HP

*Judge's global cooldown is 6 seconds long*
*Judge cannot sprint for 4 seconds after using any skill except for Descend and BurningStandard.*

Skills:
  • Descend- Passive, tapping and holding the space bar while airborne slows falling to a safe speed. Activation consumes Feather and costs mana, continued use costs stamina.
  • BurningStandard- For the next 12 seconds, hits landed with a Blaze Rod deal 12HP, break spells that are warming up and ignite foes, 1HP/tick for 4 seconds. Each hit landed costs stamina, and activation costs mana.
  • Wrath- Single foe is struck by lightning for 30HP, foes within 3 blocks of the victim take 20HP, and all affected players cannot regenerate stamina or mana for 9 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Nova- All enemies within 5 blocks of the user are dealt 30HP and lit aflame, 3HP/tick for 3 seconds. User loses 4HP for every foe affected. Costs mana and stamina.
  • Void- Target foe and enemies within 3 blocks of the victim are slowed, silenced, afflicted with Despair, and lose 4HP/tick for 4 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Inspiration- User or party is granted the effects of Might, Wisdom and One, and magic-based attacks deal 25% more damage for 15 seconds. Costs stamina.
  • DivineTouch- User or party is cured of negative effects, healed for 33%HP, and made immune to negative effects for 6 seconds. Costs mana.
  • Condemn- Targeted enemy takes 2x damage from all damage sources for 9 seconds. Consumes Eye of Ender, costs mana.
Bear in mind each skill would have it's own (probably quite long) cooldown as well. Nobody is going to get bombarded with Wrath 6 times in a row.

These 3 were my original ideas (Pumpkin Mage is my favorite) . Now that I'm on the subject, though, there are a couple still bouncing around in my head. I may make up one of these for Fool or Scholar or whatever else I come up with.

I would go master dredknight if this was ever in game :D

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
This amuses me, but like with the previous path choices I still think there needs to be at least two for each class. Also, I love the Inquisitor. I like both of the the divine ideas, and yet..

I'm still am even more in love with the idea of a good Necromancer. The Pumpkin Mage is my favorite of the three. I know it isn't quiet death magic, but it's close enough for me. That makes me want to come up with another one for Necromancer, whether or not it's good is a toss up though. Either way it will be fun thinking about it.
I'm glad you like them! :) What do you mean when you say "at least two for each class" though? Like 2 of these sorts of classes should be accessible from Healer, Rogue, etc.?

Because I totally mapped that out at one point. If I were to have one class for every combination of paths, it would work out to 3 per path:

Warrior-Rogue
Warrior-Healer (Inquisitor)
Warrior-Caster (Judge)
Rogue-Healer
Rogue-Caster
Healer-Caster (Pumpkin Mage)

Since each path has 4 specs and assuming you didn't repeat any one class as a requirement for these classes, you would have one left over that has no successor class. These could be rounded up for a class that requires all 4, or could have a successor that requires the mastery of only that class, or just double up on some some other combination of paths (say a second healer-caster). I think that if this tier of classes was implemented that any class without a successor would probably be devalued.

My brain is a whirling dervish, which may be a good class too.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter

Whirlwind (passive) - for as long as you are moving, foes within 2 blocks take 3 damage per second.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Whirlwind (passive) - for as long as you are moving, foes within 2 blocks take 3 damage per second.
This would make your town hate you. You would be sentenced to your own corner of the city or be forced to live in a mine or something, and if your little brother sneaked on to your account to screw around he would wonder why all your friends are attacking you, because they would do that for the sake of the well-being of the community like you were some kind of leper. If I build a town, I'm going to build it with Dervish slums. Just in case.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
This would make your town hate you. You would be sentenced to your own corner of the city or be forced to live in a mine or something, and if your little brother sneaked on to your account to screw around he would wonder why all your friends are attacking you, because they would do that for the sake of the well-being of the community like you were some kind of leper. If I build a town, I'm going to build it with Dervish slums. Just in case.
Togglable passive* :)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
And work with it I did.

Dervishes
Wind spirits that are most often found in deserts. Warriors from the ancient city of Oasis would wander out to spar with them as a test of skill. Being what they are, it's very difficult to get a jump on them.

~Unlocked by mastering Samurai and Thief
Uses Stamina
Chain Armor - Gold Armor
Weapon: Diamond Sword, 10HP

Skills:
  • Awareness- Passive. When struck by a melee attack in combat, 5% chance of it doing no damage. Immune to Backstab.
  • Sneak- As it is on Thief.
  • Descend- As it is on Judge. Consumes Feather, costs Stamina to activate and continue.
  • Bluster- All foes to the front lose 10HP and are knocked back. Spells on warmup also break.
  • Blister- All foes to the front lose 15HP, knocked back and set aflame, 1Hp/tick for 4 seconds. Spells on warmup also break. Consumes Sand.
  • Tailwind- User or party is granted a speed boost and the ability to jump 3 blocks high for 15 seconds.
  • Vortex- Victim is rooted in place and is dealt 3HP/sec for 5 seconds. If the victim is hit by a melee attack while under the effects of Vortex they are dealt 6HP and are pushed back.
  • Whirlwind- Toggle-Passive. While user is walking or sprinting, all foes within 2 blocks take 3HP damage every second. Max regenerated stamina is reduced by 3 (1 1/2 food icons) when toggled on.
  • Charge- As it is on Dragoon.
  • Retreat- Next melee hit roots foe for 3 seconds and pushes the user backwards, as well as turning them away from the enemy.
  • Flurry- Target and all foes within 4 blocks of the target are knocked back, slowed for 3 seconds, and take 8HP/tick for 3 seconds. Consumes Feather.

Aanokint

Obsidian
And work with it I did.

Dervishes
Wind spirits that are most often found in deserts. Warriors from the ancient city of Oasis would wander out to spar with them as a test of skill. Being what they are, it's very difficult to get a jump on them.

~Unlocked by mastering Samurai and Thief
Uses Stamina
Chain Armor - Gold Armor
Weapon: Diamond Sword, 10HP

Skills:
  • Awareness- Passive. When struck by a melee attack in combat, 5% chance of it doing no damage. Immune to Backstab.
  • Sneak- As it is on Thief.
  • Descend- As it is on Judge. Consumes Feather, costs Stamina to activate and continue.
  • Bluster- All foes to the front lose 10HP and are knocked back. Spells on warmup also break.
  • Blister- All foes to the front lose 15HP, knocked back and set aflame, 1Hp/tick for 4 seconds. Spells on warmup also break. Consumes Sand.
  • Tailwind- User or party is granted a speed boost and the ability to jump 3 blocks high for 15 seconds.
  • Vortex- Victim is rooted in place and is dealt 3HP/sec for 5 seconds. If the victim is hit by a melee attack while under the effects of Vortex they are dealt 6HP and are pushed back.
  • Whirlwind- Toggle-Passive. While user is walking or sprinting, all foes within 2 blocks take 3HP damage every second. Max regenerated stamina is reduced by 3 (1 1/2 food icons) when toggled on.
  • Charge- As it is on Dragoon.
  • Retreat- Next melee hit roots foe for 3 seconds and pushes the user backwards, as well as turning them away from the enemy.
  • Flurry- Target and all foes within 4 blocks of the target are knocked back, slowed for 3 seconds, and take 8HP/tick for 3 seconds. Consumes Feather.

On Vortex, Whenever any dervish uses it, @victim130 is rooted in place and take DoT. Noone else, but vic.

Dazureus I truly love these ideas. They are beautiful in many a way.

Aanokint

Obsidian
I'm glad you like them! :) What do you mean when you say "at least two for each class" though? Like 2 of these sorts of classes should be accessible from Healer, Rogue, etc.?

Because I totally mapped that out at one point. If I were to have one class for every combination of paths, it would work out to 3 per path:

Warrior-Rogue
Warrior-Healer (Inquisitor)
Warrior-Caster (Judge)
Rogue-Healer
Rogue-Caster
Healer-Caster (Pumpkin Mage)

Since each path has 4 specs and assuming you didn't repeat any one class as a requirement for these classes, you would have one left over that has no successor class. These could be rounded up for a class that requires all 4, or could have a successor that requires the mastery of only that class, or just double up on some some other combination of paths (say a second healer-caster). I think that if this tier of classes was implemented that any class without a successor would probably be devalued.

For rogue-healer what if we had a vampirism class. Decently high DPS that restores a little health per hit. Give him one or two stun effects, and then a couple passive skills for balance.