• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Haven Spawn Pool!

Capichinola

Stone
Just a quick suggestion I had, maybe it is the way it is for a reason, I do not know!

When you spawn/warp to the Haven spawn, you land in a pool of water that is head-deep. Occasionally due to lag, you can spawn and end up in the pool before your game catches up- and by than you can be already suffocating due to the lack of air.

My suggestion is to keep the pool, but put a base underneath so that a player isn't totally submerged upon entering Spawn.

Thank you for reading!

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Yesterday, actually, my friend and I went to Haven spawn from the nexus and he spawned in the ground. Shortly after he drowned, dropped all his stuff, and some guy that happened to be standing nearby was standing on him to collect. Not really fair, honestly, considering the circumstances. So yes, I agree.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Just a quick suggestion I had, maybe it is the way it is for a reason, I do not know!

When you spawn/warp to the Haven spawn, you land in a pool of water that is head-deep. Occasionally due to lag, you can spawn and end up in the pool before your game catches up- and by than you can be already suffocating due to the lack of air.

My suggestion is to keep the pool, but put a base underneath so that a player isn't totally submerged upon entering Spawn.

Thank you for reading!
More or less this is two blocks deep so players can fall and not take damage. We'll probably change this to one block depth and see if anyone takes damage.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Can't you fall any number of blocks into a 1-deep water pool and not take damage? I thought that was how it worked. I could be wrong.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Can't you fall any number of blocks into a 1-deep water pool and not take damage? I thought that was how it worked. I could be wrong.
It's seemingly random, though I bet there is some thing about it. Sometimes I die in one-block water holes, sometimes I don't.
Maybe it's if you hold space, you don't, because you swim upwards the same second you hit it...? I don't know, but that might be why...

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, I just tested in SMP, vanilla. 1 deep water pool, fly 200 blocks above, switch to survival, fall and live without touching the keyboard.
Doesn't necessarily make SENSE, lol, but it's minecraft, what does?

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
It's seemingly random, though I bet there is some thing about it. Sometimes I die in one-block water holes, sometimes I don't.
Maybe it's if you hold space, you don't, because you swim upwards the same second you hit it...? I don't know, but that might be why...
I'm up for betting the randomness is the server thinking you didn't hit the water.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It's touch and go with 1 block of water depending on distance, lag, whether people are holding jump and a few other things

JacobBurkey

Portal
No, when there's a 1-deep water pool it depends on when you jumped if you had just walked off the edge or had jumped. Jumping off makes you die when you hit the water, walking off makes you live. I don't know if they have changed this in recent patches, but i'm almost positive this is how it worked before.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No, when there's a 1-deep water pool it depends on when you jumped if you had just walked off the edge or had jumped. Jumping off makes you die when you hit the water, walking off makes you live. I don't know if they have changed this in recent patches, but i'm almost positive this is how it worked before.
This is wrong, I just tested it.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
More or less this is two blocks deep so players can fall and not take damage. We'll probably change this to one block depth and see if anyone takes damage.
Well more players die from lagging and drowning than taking fall damage. For that reason I support this suggestion.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
How about we buy better internet connection and better graphics cards for everyone that would be best solution I think

Capichinola

Stone
The pool has been edited to 1 deep, and it seems there are no further problems, either in height from falling or depth on drowning.

Thank you.