• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Guns Guns Guns! Apocalypse Survival

Ordinary

TNT
Assault rifles are fucking stupid. They aren't used for hunting, and aren't useful for self defense in modern society. There will literally never be a situation where you need to defend yourself against enough people to make them feasible.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
They are also instruments of protection and survival. All this anti-gun sentiment found in western society is wrongly directed. Instead of disliking guns themselves, dislike the people that wrongly use them, dislike the lenient gun permit and ownership laws, and dislike the lack of firearm safety education.

I think guns are ok, IF they are used right.
And most people don't need a gun (except for hunters and military).
The laws in America that claims everyone's right to carry a gun is from a distant past, when indians and wild animals raided the villages from time to time.

If you don't concider hunting, how much good thing does guns cause?
Guns are just too much power in a too little thing for certain people, and those people will always be there no matter how much you dislike them.

I don't dislike guns, I dislike the fact that so many people have them..

dalton10

A frightening Cactus!
If Thee Z.A. Happens.... Then to start, you need to learn Plumping, Construction, Farming, Electric Engineering, and you also need to get an artesian well dug out at your house, buy large quantities of seeds of Vegetables and some fruit, also buy about thirty ten pound bags of rich soil, Buy four hundred Mason Jars for canning, buy ten sets of gardening tools, buy thirty feet of gardening hose, also buy hundreds of canned foods that you can eat raw, buy solar panels, and hook them up with your Electrician Abilities, and buy Electricity cables, and about one hundred Eco light bulbs. before it happens. Then when it does happen, build a barbwire fence... actually build three of them around your house, then kill your family, (Hope it's a big family, better have lots of kids.) Cut them up, then every week, during one morning make a trail using a few of the body pieces to a, lets say, hole, or captive area for zombies. Then, while that is going on, dig out an underground place (I'm just gonna call the Underground Place U.P.) to live under your house, make sure you support it with support beams, and that it won't collapse(Don't worry House Fashion Freaks, you can design it afterwards.) take all your food with you, and store it, then use your plumping skills to move your kitchen faucet to the U.P. then make your artesian well connect to the faucet in the U.P. (This step is dangerous, I suggest doing it during the day, taking 30 minute work/break shifts.). Then you want to build a working light source in your U.P. , using your electrician abilities, just hook up the solar panels to some lights (Also do in the day time) Once done, build a farm with some of those seeds of Vegetables and Fruits. ( By the way the U.P. Is gonna be big). Then, once done, Try surviving off one can of food a day (Gotta make it last), and tend to your crops with your gardening equipment, and your hose, which you can hook up the faucet. Once your crops are harvested, don't forget to can them with the cans you bought, and eat one to two cans a day, and remember to take seeds from your Plants as well. I think I covered everything, from that point on, just live life in your U.P., in which House Fashion Freaks can design their U.P. by going up into your old house, removing the wall paper, wall paneling, or grabbing paint that you could have bought before the apocalypse if you are a smart House Fashion Freak. So yep, I believe that's how I believe you can survive a Z.A. ... Oh wait ,I almost forgot, don't forget to blockade the way into the U.P. and come out in ten years to see if anything changed. (If nothings changed just run back to your hole, and also mark the months on a support beam with a gardening tool). So yep that's all, feel free to comment, and if you read this far, you must want to survive the Z.A. .....

EDIT: ALSO DON'T FORGET TO BUY ALL THE COCA COLA YOU COULD EVER DRINK!!!!!!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Assault rifles are fucking stupid. They aren't used for hunting, and aren't useful for self defense in modern society. There will literally never be a situation where you need to defend yourself against enough people to make them feasible.
Assault rifles are illegal. And in the case of an invasion I would find an assault rifle very useful :p
Guns are just too much power in a too little thing for certain people, and those people will always be there no matter how much you dislike them.
Making guns illegal will not get rid of them, it will get rid of them from the hands of law-abiding citizens. Did the prohibition get rid of alcohol? No, it made the problem worse.
To answer your question: In neighborhoods and cities where crime happens a lot, like parts of LA, guns are the only protection innocent people have against gangs and other violence. The police cannot be trusted to protect you all the time, as it takes the police several minutes to arrive and it only takes a few seconds for an armed man to pull the trigger.
This belief that prohibiting gun ownership will reduce crime is a fallacy created by typically white, middle-class people and upper-class politicians, who mostly have not seen the crime or violence that occurs in inner cities.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think guns are ok, IF they are used right.
And most people don't need a gun (except for hunters and military).
The laws in America that claims everyone's right to carry a gun is from a distant past, when indians and wild animals raided the villages from time to time.

I don't dislike guns, I dislike the fact that so many people have them..
Actually the Laws enabling Every citizen of the US to Keep and to Bear arms is expressly intended to Guard against the inevitable encroachment of the government against the rights of a free people.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Assault rifles are illegal. And in the case of an invasion I would find an assault rifle very useful :p

Making guns illegal will not get rid of them, it will get rid of them from the hands of law-abiding citizens. Did the prohibition get rid of alcohol? No, it made the problem worse.
To answer your question: In neighborhoods and cities where crime happens a lot, like parts of LA, guns are the only protection innocent people have against gangs and other violence. The police cannot be trusted to protect you all the time, as it takes the police several minutes to arrive and it only takes a few seconds for an armed man to pull the trigger.
This belief that prohibiting gun ownership will reduce crime is a fallacy created by typically white, middle-class people and upper-class politicians, who mostly have not seen the crime or violence that occurs in inner cities.
[DOUBLEPOST=1357400340,1357400303][/DOUBLEPOST]Assault rifles are not illegal nor should they be.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Are there laws against it yes, do those laws bear constitutional scrutiny, no.

Invictum

Dirt
old knight weapons are the best vs Zombies.. Bow%Arrow, Spear, Sword, Shield... more you dont need... a gun is too loud and you need ammo

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
If Thee Z.A. Happens.... Then to start, you need to learn Plumping, Construction, Farming, Electric Engineering, and you also need to get an artesian well dug out at your house, buy large quantities of seeds of Vegetables and some fruit, also buy about thirty ten pound bags of rich soil, Buy four hundred Mason Jars for canning, buy ten sets of gardening tools, buy thirty feet of gardening hose, also buy hundreds of canned foods that you can eat raw, buy solar panels, and hook them up with your Electrician Abilities, and buy Electricity cables, and about one hundred Eco light bulbs. before it happens. Then when it does happen, build a barbwire fence... actually build three of them around your house, then kill your family, (Hope it's a big family, better have lots of kids.) Cut them up, then every week, during one morning make a trail using a few of the body pieces to a, lets say, hole, or captive area for zombies. Then, while that is going on, dig out an underground place (I'm just gonna call the Underground Place U.P.) to live under your house, make sure you support it with support beams, and that it won't collapse(Don't worry House Fashion Freaks, you can design it afterwards.) take all your food with you, and store it, then use your plumping skills to move your kitchen faucet to the U.P. then make your artesian well connect to the faucet in the U.P. (This step is dangerous, I suggest doing it during the day, taking 30 minute work/break shifts.). Then you want to build a working light source in your U.P. , using your electrician abilities, just hook up the solar panels to some lights (Also do in the day time) Once done, build a farm with some of those seeds of Vegetables and Fruits. ( By the way the U.P. Is gonna be big). Then, once done, Try surviving off one can of food a day (Gotta make it last), and tend to your crops with your gardening equipment, and your hose, which you can hook up the faucet. Once your crops are harvested, don't forget to can them with the cans you bought, and eat one to two cans a day, and remember to take seeds from your Plants as well. I think I covered everything, from that point on, just live life in your U.P., in which House Fashion Freaks can design their U.P. by going up into your old house, removing the wall paper, wall paneling, or grabbing paint that you could have bought before the apocalypse if you are a smart House Fashion Freak. So yep, I believe that's how I believe you can survive a Z.A. ... Oh wait ,I almost forgot, don't forget to blockade the way into the U.P. and come out in ten years to see if anything changed. (If nothings changed just run back to your hole, and also mark the months on a support beam with a gardening tool). So yep that's all, feel free to comment, and if you read this far, you must want to survive the Z.A. .....

EDIT: ALSO DON'T FORGET TO BUY ALL THE COCA COLA YOU COULD EVER DRINK!!!!!!
Oh and where will you get water?

f6776

Gold
MRE's anyone? (Meals-Ready-To-Eat) MRE's are usually distributed by the military, but a few non military brands of MRE's are out there, they are ideal Zombie survival emergency food. If you have a friend in the military, ask for some, they can get boxes full of em and may certainly give you some.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Blades are nice and all, but not as good against zombies as they are humans. Doesn't matter much if at all if you make a zombie bleed out.
Anything to take out the head will do, which is how a blade should be used on a zombie.

One of these would do nicely to disable zombies when you can't always rely on perfect headshots.
90346.jpg