• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

GUIDES/PROCTORS Interesting point brought up in /CH O today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devoshade

Legacy Supporter 7
I thought i was the only one seeing it, but there are alot of people NEW applying for proctors and guides. Then after they get it go straight into relaxed mode no doing there job. I cant count the amount of times ive heard certain guides and protcors say it themselves, like getting online when theres alot on then going why is there so many apps not looked at. All the while you got people wanting these positions that would put there heart and soul into, but got fillers as i call them taking the slots. Id say about 33% of all guides and proctors i know, do there job where the rest are never to be seen. Plus in help chat its always a normal member answering all the questions WHY, and i cant count how many times people talk about how certain (friends) get whitelist just for that and nothing else hmmm a shadey business indeed. I only mention this because alot of people in off topic were talking about it, and it peaked my interest cause i thought i was the only one thinking it. But when you have other guides and proctors agreeing, then obviously somethings wrong and those not doing there job if i was there boss would be fired. Just saying some of them do a great job, where as others hold them back just for the title making other guides and proctors pull there weight which isnt fair. So i was just wondering are they ever reviewed like at a job, 0n the amount of work they do if any? This isnt a hate thread, this is more of a critique Q&A.

applelove

Legacy Supporter 5
Normal members answering questions is a good thing. It's a sign of a strong community.

As for proctors, if you're concerned about all the new members applying, I suggest you apply yourself. We need more proctors, and if we cannot get our older members to apply, then we'll have to make do with new members. Aside; Wouldn't it be nice if proctors had an application they could login to that allowed them to remotely (from desktop) whitelist, record those whitelisted users, and keep a detailed database of all the denials and reasons? -dreams-

Regarding proctors not doing work, I'd have to see it for myself. I'm not aware of all the new proctors coming (or guides for that matter) so I can't say. I've not seen any recent additions to the whitelist logs, so I would assume there aren't any.

Demonxman

Obsidian
meh I was once a proctor and the only thing that will keep me staying on this game is becoming one again, I just like bringing players into the game :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Staff has the ability to manage itself. Admins will pick and keep those who do their job.

In either case we're re-defining guide and proctor to make it more focused on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.