• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

groups and ic's

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
Does anyone if "groups" are applicable to player sensor ic's in herocraft and if so could you give an example.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I've never gotten it to work, but there's not a whole lot of detail on how to MAKE it work. I'd be happy to test if someone could provide proper/thorough instructions.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I haven't messed around with ICs in a while, but last I used them groups were related to permission groups, and therefore wouldn't be very useful to most players.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Hmm, unless I want to build a vault accessible only to T7/T8 donors, while dropping the lower classes into Lava instead...

This could end up more fun than I thought.

Rhidden

Stone
As far as I'm aware the IC groups are as Alator said, only server permissions groups. I tried to do a similar build on another server and had to settle for unique player detector signs for each allowed individual.

Archestro

Legacy Supporter 6
Thanks, now just need ic's working again. I haven't been able to create new and the old ones are not working. Are they turned off again?

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks, now just need ic's working again. I haven't been able to create new and the old ones are not working. Are they turned off again?

Checked yesterday, still can't create new ones. Haven't had the chance to ask what the deal is with that, yet.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
There are no usable player groups for ICs. Admins is a workign group but that does not help us.
Herotowns attempted at one point to add the town as a group but it did not work and as far as I know was never revisited.

If you want to make a group you need to make a different player detector for each player.