• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

great server but some of the comunity are just filth

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
I love the server, the plugins, the classes, the professions, the currency, trade, mob scaling, and much much more. the only problem I see (witch I don't know how it could be resolved) is the old players making all star groups with op classes like paladins and disciples raiding newb towns with their 4+ groups. The newb maybe has a fair understanding of their class at least verses mobs, but in pvp they are essentially clueless especially against the pro groups that run around together. Anyways my point is that the new players will never learn to pvp until someone teaches them witch is unlikely to happen because the newbs will stick with the newbs and the elite will stay with the elite. So basically you have new players filtering in over time enticed by all the great things this server has to offer only to find that when they cross to the pvp side that they will be hunted down and not just by one player but several. I believe that the only way to fix this is to induct a system like UO (ultima online) where you designate your town as good or evil, as a good town you may fight evil towns without repercussions and vice versa with evil towns fighting good towns. Also like UO this server could have a punishment system, like if you die and you have bad karma you will loose exp, in UO if you had bad enough karma you could loose very many levels upon death. Anyways it would be great to see something like this happen so that the new comer's would be more safe and fell free to make a town that wont automatically be on everyone's hit list because the "good" towns would RP and protect them, maybe their could even be a reward system in place for that. I know this method sounds like its favoring the good players but why shouldn't it? The bad players will still loot and kill and get spoils, while the good players will only be rewarded for hunting down the bad ones. As it stands the good players stay good while the bad ones quite because no one with pvp knowledge wants to play with them.

Last edited:

Xhazed

Portal
Im an elite sniper for the colombian armed forces i have to go through the bushes to hunt the colombian terrorists aka newbs and it is understandable i will never leave my leet group of snipers for a shit terrorist newb town i get your point now i cry

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
We were all noobs at one time, it is part of the process. Give it time, and you'll be the one people are complaining about
ive been here for 3 maps now and have never been invited to a pvp heavy town, so im still waiting on that.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
You don't just get invited to a pvp town sitting around. Go join a big town and get in groups with people and get out there and kill shit.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
ive been here for 3 maps now and have never been invited to a pvp heavy town, so im still waiting on that.
Please use paragraphs! Walls of texts are hard to read.

Two things.
1.Hardcore server
2.Pve server
We've stepped away from branding ourselves as a "hardcore" server - though we are more difficult, its tag is confusing for minecraft players.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Two things.
1.Hardcore server
2.Pve server
ya I want to participate in pvp, but have no one to run around with. so everytime I look for pvp I just end up running into the A team and get ganged on :/ I would love to find a group of good people that could teach me the ways of group pvp but as it stands im just a lone dog.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
their are groups of players joining this server who are already friends and they are looking to start a town togeather and they get craped on and camped by the old players and then quite the game. not everyone wants to join a town a lot want to start a town. when I first joined I joined with a group of 8+ friends who all made it to lvl 30 combat class at least. because of the camping from blugugaga and others they all quite and I am the only one who stuck around.

yes there is a PVE server, and yes it is very well done and ties into the pvp quite nicely but lets face it pvp is the end game at least at this point (maybe if dungeons, bosses, and pve town raids happen that would change but other then that pvp is end game)

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
You don't just get invited to a pvp town sitting around. Go join a big town and get in groups with people and get out there and kill shit.
Funny thing is the only time I ever learn about a town is after they camp me and call me and other townies names for being "bad". so idk if I should be sending them a app....

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
I love the server, the plugins, the classes, the professions, the currency, trade, mob scaling, and much much more. the only problem I see (witch I don't know how it could be resolved) is the old players making all star groups with op classes like paladins and disciples raiding newb towns with their 4+ groups. The newb maybe has a fair understanding of their class at least verses mobs, but in pvp they are essentially clueless especially against the pro groups that run around together. Anyways my point is that the new players will never learn to pvp until someone teaches them witch is unlikely to happen because the newbs will stick with the newbs and the elite will stay with the elite. So basically you have new players filtering in over time enticed by all the great things this server has to offer only to find that when they cross to the pvp side that they will be hunted down and not just by one player but several. I believe that the only way to fix this is to induct a system like UO (ultima online) where you designate your town as good or evil, as a good town you may fight evil towns without repercussions and vice versa with evil towns fighting good towns. Also like UO this server could have a punishment system, like if you die and you have bad karma you will loose exp, in UO if you had bad enough karma you could loose very many levels upon death. Anyways it would be great to see something like this happen so that the new comer's would be more safe and fell free to make a town that wont automatically be on everyone's hit list because the "good" towns would RP and protect them, maybe their could even be a reward system in place for that. I know this method sounds like its favoring the good players but why shouldn't it? The bad players will still loot and kill and get spoils, while the good players will only be rewarded for hunting down the bad ones. As it stands the good players stay good while the bad ones quite because no one with pvp knowledge wants to play with them.
Its stupid that some people like to be "Jerks" and raid new people to boost their already inflated ego >.< Buuuut it is a way of life, and If I gave up when I had 20v1 as a LS then I woudn't be where I am today :D

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Funny thing is the only time I ever learn about a town is after they camp me and call me and other townies names for being "bad". so idk if I should be sending them a app....

Ok, so your complaint is that there isn't a pvp town for you to join, but you refuse to apply for one? This sounds like a personal issue, not something the server can fix. What @Faunherer said is entirely correct. I also agree with Dreamcycler's second point, if you aren't a fan of the pvp you are experiencing, there is always a server for pve.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I think one of the biggest problems is that noobs can't go on Test and try out all the classes/skills. It's one thing to not have a clue how your own class works, but it's another to not have a clue how to build your class with attributes. Test server used to give you a free and instant glimpse of all the possibilities of any given class.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think one of the biggest problems is that noobs can't go on Test and try out all the classes/skills. It's one thing to not have a clue how your own class works, but it's another to not have a clue how to build your class with attributes. Test server used to give you a free and instant glimpse of all the possibilities of any given class.
Even if they know exactly how a class works they arent a match for someone mastered - its PVE where they should focus on leveling and testing their class in a combat situation.

Granted, we're coming out with a test server-ique test classing server attached to central soon.

S0fa_k1ng

Coal
Ok, so your complaint is that there isn't a pvp town for you to join, but you refuse to apply for one? This sounds like a personal issue, not something the server can fix. What @Faunherer said is entirely correct. I also agree with Dreamcycler's second point, if you aren't a fan of the pvp you are experiencing, there is always a server for pve.
your partly right, i feel that there is not a good pvp town for me to join but, 1st off i have made apps in the past and have been rejected, 2nd im in a town with friends that idd rather play with then people I do not know, 3rd I love pve server but its not the end of this game on this server, pvp is. once their are dungeons bosses and other elements like that then pve might be my final choice. Hey just look at whos online, alot of familiar faces right? this is because the good pvp people stay good and group and the newbs just quit, its honestly kinda black and white, i dont know how you dont see it.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I personally am a shit PvPer. But through the town I have joined, I've had the opportunity to join up with actual PvPers, like @PewPewPewLasers here, to kill steal and lag my way to glory.

You've got to play the cards you're given bud, and if you have shitty cards burn the fuckers and steal the deck.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I have been here for the past few maps, and I remember you as a troll/town hopper.
Maybe work on your reputation, then see where that takes you.
If you want a group of people who seem to at least share your sense of humor, try Karlobovich(?) and CardboardKing.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
pvp is light years different than pve. you can't silence a zombie, you can't root a spider, skeles can't counter your attack. you can level a million classes but you havent learned to pvp until you've died a million times to good players. test server, and arenas gave new players the opportunity to practice fighting a real person without losing stuff, but now you can't do that, and don't try to tell me that the arena replaces those 2 things because it 100% does not.

an alternative was to allow town members to fight each other, which you attempted to do a few weeks ago, but I can still not hit my townies with fireballs/arrows, so whats the point? you and your townies are being camped because the pvp server is slowly going inactive again, and toxic players like wonderboy will look for any action he can to boost his kdr

dont expect to ever get a random town invite from a 'pvp' town. it just doesnt work like that. you have to apply, build relationships with other players, ask other towns for help when you need it etc.