• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Grant kills to fire ticks

monkeyfatzer

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know how many times this has been suggested but now with the new shaman firestrike totem I get countless kills from the fire ticks, and it's really annoying.

zecaseo

ICE ICE ICE!
Can't even begin to describe how many times those mobs on the edges of the map have died from a fall that was one block too high. As well as fire, makes leveling with a fire aspect weapon pointless

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Ranger's Ignite Arrow needs this too. Fireball's have been fixed to tag mobs/players so why not the others? Fire Aspect and Flaming enchants too please.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Can't even begin to describe how many times those mobs on the edges of the map have died from a fall that was one block too high. As well as fire, makes leveling with a fire aspect weapon pointless
I don't think adding this in for mobs would be a good idea, you could farm them very fast if you had the right set up

In PvP this does need to be implemented. Right now the combat timer pretty much keeps them from logging out or recalling, not necessarily killing themselves. Fall damage, fire, and dying to mobs while in PvP should grant the kill to the person that most recently did damage to you

Moralsk

Gold
I don't think adding this in for mobs would be a good idea, you could farm them very fast if you had the right set up

In PvP this does need to be implemented. Right now the combat timer pretty much keeps them from logging out or recalling, not necessarily killing themselves. Fall damage, fire, and dying to mobs while in PvP should grant the kill to the person that most recently did damage to you

I know for a fact that this can be done. To not implement it would not be a matter of lack of ability, but unwillingness.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Right now the combat timer pretty much keeps them from logging out or recalling
Actually, the fire ticks do not keep the target in combat since it is considered PvE damage. i.e if you hit someone with a 5 second burn, combat ends 10 seconds after that instead of 15 unless you hit them again during that time, which can sometimes be hard to accomplish while lagging due to the periodic invulnerability frames.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I know for a fact that this can be done. To not implement it would not be a matter of lack of ability, but unwillingness.
Not quiiiiiiite.
Yes, we can keep track of it if a *skill* caused the fire, but lava and flint & steel cause fire, too. (Don't forget fire charges, either!)