• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Gold blocks: Finding a use to them

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok... so... gold blocks can't be uncrafted into ingots anymore. I first though it was a choice cause of what some people said, but then I was said something else by kainzo

So ya... you cannot uncraft gold blocks anymore into ingots

(Old post)
Alright, so lately Kainzo removed the permission for people to actually transform goldblocks back to gold ingots. So because of this, gold blocks have lost all their usefulness. This has made a lot of people mad, and it has wasted a lot of peoples precious mining time. So I have been thinking about it. So for the first options:

1. Get gold blocks back to their old usefulness. Seriously, I know some people will ask why, but hear me out on this please. Already, it made people mad cause they could not transform the blocks back. It is used for storage, and with this it just ruined the purpose. People will instead get 1 chest which will be filled with gold bars instead and then work with those chests, not changing their gold bars into blocks. This does not change at all the fact that people can get exp from crafting them. So changing them back to the way it was would make it that people would not be this unhappy about it. Also, if the xp thing is the problem, why not reduce how much gold give xp instead. Also make it that you can't deconstruct shovels, this way it would make it that craft a shovel, then deconstruct and crafting it again would give xp.

2. If gold blocks would not get their function, at least find them a new function. Here what I was thinking. Kainzo said that he was thinking about making gold a sellable commodie at spawn again. Why not make it that gold blocks could be sold at spawn? I was thinking about 1 gold block would be sold for 4-5 souls each. This way people that gathered so much gold and have gold blocks would have a new way to get some money from this, and it would help out players that try to get souls to get some money by making gold blocks to sell.

Any more sudgestions would be appreciated, cause this situation have given a good amount of people some complaints as I heard, and it would need to be changed.

Last edited:

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
I hope you realize gold blocks are also used for expanding town regions o.o

Plus if you were to sell them, they would be at least 7-10s ea.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
The thing is... having only 1 function for gold block is nto enough. Some towns already have too many gold blocks and don't need to expend. So ya... that is a problem.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Alright, so lately Kainzo removed the permission for people to actually transform goldblocks back to gold ingots.
Did Kainzo actually say/do this, or is it due to the bug preventing numerous crafting recipes from working?

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
I am extremely unsure about ths. It is said that when you try to uncraft a block, you dont have permissions. So ya... Unless itis a bug, then this is not in the right section.

But i heard it was not, and i waited 3 days to talk about this, cause a lot of people been complaining about it in o chat. So unless its a bug... Should ask kainzo about it.

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
It's a bug. If it was a change that was intentionally made, it would have been mentioned in the patch notes.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Alright... so ya... Unless it was a sudden decision by @Kainzo, then probably a bug and this is wrong section.... Maybe it's just me hearing things wrong.
We will see... kinda need news on that.
(Also tagged cause I was told by a wiki team person to tag his name)

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ya.... I heard... gonna be editing first post. I heard about other things, so ya...