• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Giving Ninjas Some Love

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
So since the release of the new map, I've seen a HUGE decrease in the amount of players that play Ninja. Whenever I'm logged on, I see 2 or 3 online. I was also once a Ninja on the new map and unfortunately, was not very satisfied with it. I found myself being killed by average, unspecced casters and not being able to do at least half dmg against warriors. Which is why I wanted to bring this to attention. Rogue is the counter to caster, but if Ninja's can't even stand a chance against them, something needs to be changed.I also wanted to put out the idea of Ninjas having a Disarm-like spell, but it removes armor for a short duration (maybe 1-2 seconds). This would give Ninjas defense against Warriors, while also giving them a chance to win in a battle with a warrior. You're probably thinking "Well warriors are the counters to rogues, so why should they get this?" but I believe that since armor is at 100% efficiency, it is hard for ANY melee class to kill them. Back at the start of the map, I even struggled fighting unspecced warriors which probably shouldn't have been a problem.
These are just my thoughts, I hope you take them into consideration. Also, I'm not saying this skills need to be implemented, but Ninjas definitely need to be buffed and given some new skills. That is all.
Discuss.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Thieves also fall into this category. The main difference between thieves and ninjas is that ninjas have more survivability and thieves have higher dps.

Ideally I'd like one of three things to happen for both of them.

1) Increase in raw dps output.
2)Some form of armor penetration, passive ability or one that lasts a short period of time.
3)More survivability from melee. Could be something like an ability that causes some attacks against you to do no damage at all based off a scaling percentage? Or maybe a small buff to blackjack?

Right now ninja's and thieve's are really just punching bags to any warr spec, wizards and geo's. Unless I get the jump on someone and they just fail hard I'm likely not going to win as a thief.

That's just my 2 cents.

Graink

Portal
Sometimes I just want to "Kick" people who make posts like this. First of all, warriors should destroy rogues, and rogues still do put up a good fight. Second, people need to learn to use skills. Both ninja and theif have black jack, theif has backstab. Learn to make combos within your classes! That is what the skills are for. Not to mention your new kick skill I used as a play of words earlier. It's super OP! You get to completely mute any class for I think 5 seconds! 5 seconds you can land at least 10 hits if you're not running windows 98. Ninja's have lots of love, with smoke, black jack, smack them when they can't move, they could be deadly. Thief is the same way, but rather than going invis and running around behind them, just black jack and backstab. If you feel the need, grab some potions.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes warriors should win a fight with everything else even but it shouldn't be by such a large margain like it is right now. Second kick does not mute for 5seconds unless you interrupt someones cast which is very hard to do as most classes only cast something once you're rooted or nowhere near them. Otherwise its a 2 second silence which is completely negated by the fact that kick has a small knock back to it. So by time you get ontop of your target again its generally already worn off.
Even if I got the full 5 second silence off I'd never be able to get 10 hits off in that time like you seem to think is possible. What do you think they're just going to sit there and get beat on? Oh that's right, blackjack is supposed to keep them there. There's only a 10% chance that will go off though so its a TON based off your luck that you get it at the right time.

I don't think thieves/ninjas are massively underpowered or anything, but I do think they could use a little bit of a buff to bring them up to a more competitive level. They're a very underplayed class right now, with only a few of each on at any given time.

Graink

Portal
I'll show you soon enough.. If the second juggernaut class ever comes out, I'll have to master theif if I wanna get it (hopefully). I was a ninja last map, didn't stop me from destroying people. You just have to play your skills the right way, and if not, pick a better class. The best way to boycot this crap would be if everyone went dreadknight which clearly no body understand.. So people pick their favorite class regardless of it's strength and then they whine.

Darroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm trying to provide constructive feedback on the class not whine. I like thief still and have no intentions to switch. Kick is a powerful ability but that's not what I said needed a buff. I do still believe they need a small buff somewhere.