• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Giving Anvil equivalent skill for Smith

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I understand that anvils are kind of derpy due to bukkit. But is there anyway to add a skill to smith to allow them to get the desired result? For instance, add enchantments to items, repair items, etc without actually using the in game anvil. Just have to have one targeted like deconstruct uses workbenches??

Joey_Beans

Legacy Supporter 9
Smiths can repair items, they have a skill for that. If you want to enchant things, use the enchanter profession.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You might as well wait until they arent derpy. Basically the practical changes your suggestion would require: Enabling/coding a /skill for EnchantedBooks. Enabling Anvil Placement. Code new requirements for repair etc.

My question is why waste staff time with a band-aid fix instead of letting them focus on custom mobs and Heromod pack? The Anvil fix could meanwhile presumably be worked out by other people (bukkit?).

When custom items come in, its likely that enchanted books will be marginalized.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
I understand that anvils are kind of derpy due to bukkit. But is there anyway to add a skill to smith to allow them to get the desired result? For instance, add enchantments to items, repair items, etc without actually using the in game anvil. Just have to have one targeted like deconstruct uses workbenches??
just a suggestion but maybe use the same thing that is used for getting items on test for this same purpose?

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
There will most likely never be an anvil API, so I think Smiths could use some skills like this.