• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Give all caster specs replenish

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
In a big internet argument tonight, we could all agree on one thing: giving all caster specs replenish would make casters more balanced.

If you support it, post here!

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
Nope.
Try to balance the classes but don't just give each spec the same skill. Variety is a good thing.
Sure, it makes balance harder to achieve but Kainzo & Team are up to the challenge.

Levelling as a necro I often wanted some way of restoring mana and now that I have finally achieved it (skeleton+unholyritual) find it to be buggy and awkward to use. However, I wouldn't want necros to have replenish. That's something unique to wizards, necros (and the other specs) should be different.

PS. balance will never, ever, ever, be perfect. there will always be factors (situation/lag/skill/experience/...) that affect our perception of how one spec stacks up against another.

Lumify

Glowing Redstone
I'm not saying this is the BEST way, but would it not be an easy-to-implement way to move toward balance? I agree that variety is good, but we should establish a baseline for performance, THEN make each unique.

Performance over glitter: that's what I'm asking for.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Nope.
Try to balance the classes but don't just give each spec the same skill. Variety is a good thing.
Sure, it makes balance harder to achieve but Kainzo & Team are up to the challenge.

Levelling as a necro I often wanted some way of restoring mana and now that I have finally achieved it (skeleton+unholyritual) find it to be buggy and awkward to use. However, I wouldn't want necros to have replenish. That's something unique to wizards, necros (and the other specs) should be different.

PS. balance will never, ever, ever, be perfect. there will always be factors (situation/lag/skill/experience/...) that affect our perception of how one spec stacks up against another.

This idea never suggests perfect balance, the situation at the moment is a long shot and a country mile from it.
Especially in Necromancer's case in which they have a skill which barely and situationally restores mana, and then a skill to give away the mana they dont have?

Adding replenish to all casters would give them the extra attack power they need to make up for the lack of defense. A casters defence is meant to be their offence, and after I empty and entire mana pool into a Dreadknight and then have them laugh at me saying "You did a whole 4 hearts" it kinda shows that it's not the case. Replenish is a way to give us more attack power without needing to buff damage directly to skills.

I 100% agree Lumify.