• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Geoplenish

HollowSith

Diamond
I'm curious.. Why don't Geomancer's have replenish? I fight them all the time and they always end up running away. The excuse is usually because of the lack of mana. Could replenish be added to the class? Or wisdom? :O

HollowSith

Diamond
I kinda feel that this would be like giving ninjas pray/bandage.

Why? Lol. With consume at 30 seconds per 10 mana, why wouldn't they have replenish and/or wisdom? It just seems logical to me. I'm not suggesting it either, just wondering why they don't have it. It just seems like they should. They have a ton of PVP skills that rely on mana but nothing to get it back.

Edit: Just like Dragoons ect, require stamina to execute there skills, which they can consume food to regain. Why wouldn't Geo's have the ability to regain somehow?

heh, just looking out for my Casting counterparts!

HollowSith

Diamond
They dont have it because they have way more burst dmg that a wizard, they would be inbalanced with replenish.

Burst damage? Exactly what is that?

They would be imbalanced because they could continue fighting after 3-5 skills?

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
beguilers don't have replenish so yea... what about them? :mad:
According to lax12 (he's a beguiler), he gets double mana regeneration.

Anyway, Geomancers can use a powerful combo of skills - it will usually consume most of their mana, but weaken their target enough so that they can finish off with a fireball or two and a gold hoe.

HollowSith

Diamond
Ahh, so they aren't supposed to be 100% reliant on there mana? The hoe actually poses a purpose?

Whats ther regeneration rate for mana on a master geo?

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
Ahh, so they aren't supposed to be 100% reliant on there mana? The hoe actually poses a purpose?

Whats ther regeneration rate for mana on a master geo?

I'd think the regen amount would be normal, as I mentioned before about the combo they have amazing DoT and AoE skills that can be combined to deal heavy amount of damage. I was a Geo on the test server, and I would still have 20 mana or so after using these powerful skills.

Since hoes don't degrade when used in melee for some reason, I used them to melee a bit, and was able to have, I'd say a damage amount similar to a paladin's iron/diamond sword.

Also @HolyRane is currently a geo and he uses a golden hoe.

HollowSith

Diamond
I'd think the regen amount would be normal, as I mentioned before about the combo they have amazing DoT and AoE skills that can be combined to deal heavy amount of damage. I was a Geo on the test server, and I would still have 20 mana or so after using these powerful skills.

Since hoes don't degrade when used in melee for some reason, I used them to melee a bit, and was able to have, I'd say a damage amount similar to a paladin's iron/diamond sword.

Also @HolyRane is currently a geo and he uses a golden hoe.

Yeah it's supposed to be 1 less then a paladin. Which isn't to bad for a caster class. Soulfire hoe would be cool ;)

The main appeal to being a Geo is the variety and the sheer amount of skills you have to play with in combat. The options for strategies you can create when on the field are quite numerous. What were the combo's you'd use?

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
What were the combo's you'd use?

Blaze + ChainLightning, if it was mobarena then Blaze + Pulse. Once the blaze wore off I would IcyAura any mobs that remained after melee fighters came in.

Looked up the mana values on the wiki - you would have about 10-20 mana left for a fireball/icebolt or two, and you're golden hoe.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Well, blaze deals Heavy DoT dmg, and from what I experienced from the last map is that if you are in range when he uses it, you can't get away from it. Its either kill the Geo or die, even water dosn't help. I think the final dmg is 200 or something. Its suposed to have a range but the Geo used it outside our town and I walked like 100 blocks away from him, and then died >.<

Nvm, the skill is changed.

But back to the point, if they do a deepfreeze - fireball combo their dmg is already up to 50, mana used: 30
If you used icebolt at the same time as fireball and deepfreeze your dmg is 67 and mana usage is at 41, and then you can f.eks. use icy aura and chain lightning, with chain lightning dealing 20 dmg and icy eura dealing up to 45 dmg(minimum 9 dmg), now you're up on at least 96(max 135 if all your DoT from icy aura hit him) dmg and 86 mana usage(by this time you have probably regenerated 5% so we'll say 81%).

So overall this would have killed most players, missing almost isn't possible when your target is deepfreezed and you got your hotkeys ready(click on fireball and icebolt at the same time).

But, here is where the problems are. If the target wears armor, you're fucked. I don't know how the warmups etc work, but if there is warmups on those skills, you're fucked :(

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
I don't know how the warmups etc work, but if there is warmups on there skills, you're fucked :(

Hollow raided the Collective the other day, he used Pulse quite a bit to hit us from beyond our gate. It had a 1-3 second warmup, it's really not that bad.

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
But anyway, my main point were to answer @HollowSith 's question: Burst damage? Exactly what is that?
And there is your answer :)
Now to answer his original question - Why do Geo's not have replenish?

With a full bar of mana, a Geo can inflict a massive amount of damage, therefore having replenish would result in a waaaay OP amount of damage. Using their full extent of mana, a geo can effectively weaken their target enough so that they can come in with a golden hoe to finish off, or have a dps class do it instead.

HollowSith

Diamond
Hollow raided the Collective the other day, he used Pulse quite a bit to hit us from beyond our gate. It had a 1-3 second warmup, it's really not that bad.

He means direct contact Zaspar. If the enemy charging has armour, then the damage most spells do is meaningless. If they have fire resistant armour, well it's game over. The cool down times are just another difficulty on an already low genre of class. Just another barrier it has to go through. Even though I know completely where Kainzo is coming from with the need/ want for warm up times. The damage/ range is going to have to be buffed more so then it is because of the immobility casting causes. It takes you out of a run and forces you to be closer to a potential deadly enemy before casting so the enemy doesn't escape or dodge.

For the record, if almost any full spec'd classes came after me during the raid I most likely would have died. Unless it was another caster. AoE's right now are the way to go, because most people hide close behind their walls and think it's wise to taunt their enemies. If I was a Geomancer and had access to any sort of mana regeneration worth while, it would have been very bad for any of you to get anywhere near me if you couldn't out right attack me. Pulse is just a Wizards way of taking taunting to anther level. It doesn't do any real significant damage but it completes the purpose I use it for.

Again, giving Geo's a way to regain mana would be a smart thing to do at this point. It would make fighting them harder only for the fact that you couldn't just wait for there mana to be lowered. Your "waiting out" strategies would be harder to do. I've definitely noticed most players just use the ol' run, hit and dodge technique when fighting a caster. Ware him down while he uses his ineffective fancy moves, then just hop in and kill him. I hope Kainzo, loads all melee classes with either a combination of stamina draining skills/ mana draining skills or just stamina. I think it balances it incredibly.
  • Mana is a Wizards life line
  • Stamina is a Dragoons
This is now incredibly balanced. Much more so then before. Stamina can be acquired by eating meats ect, and can regain multiple stamina bars. I believe all caster classes should have the same ability. Through bone's or rotten flesh.

HollowSith

Diamond
Now to answer his original question - Why do Geo's not have replenish?

With a full bar of mana, a Geo can inflict a massive amount of damage, therefore having replenish would result in a waaaay OP amount of damage. Using their full extent of mana, a geo can effectively weaken their target enough so that they can come in with a golden hoe to finish off, or have a dps class do it instead.

But would it be really OP? They still have there cool downs. It's not like they can just execute the same damaging moves over and over. And then once replenish is over and done with they are again, "stuck in the water".

Again, like Dragoons relying on Stamina. They can heal with food. I think with Rotten flesh, Caster classes should be able to do the equivalent. Would that not be fair?

• Geo's have low health and no worthwhile armour. They make up for it using out harsh damage over time/ slowing effects.
  • Dragoons have great health, great armour and a decent amount of dps can be dealt when they are up close. They use their stamina as a way of mobility. Mobility that also gives them a great advantage in combat.
I personally don't see the unbalance of having a Geo regain his mana like a Dragoon regains his stamina.

Now, if you insist on Replenish being to "OP" then what about a sort of Wisdom type of move? Or the rotten flesh idea stated above?

Zaspar

Legacy Supporter 2
But would it be really OP? They still have there cool downs. It's not like they can just execute the same damaging moves over and over. And then once replenish is over and done with they are again, "stuck in the water".

Again, like Dragoons relying on Stamina. They can heal with food. I think with Rotten flesh, Caster classes should be able to do the equivalent. Would that not be fair?

• Geo's have low health and no worthwhile armour. They make up for it using out right damage over time/ slow effects.
  • Dragoons have great health, great armour and a decent amount of dps can be dealt when they are up close. They use their stamina as a way of mobility. Mobility that also gives them a great advantage in combat.
I personally don't see the unbalance of having a Geo regain his mana like a Dragoon regains his stamina.

Now, if you insist on Replenish being to "OP" then what about a sort of Wisdom type of move? Or the rotten flesh idea stated above?

The rotten flesh idea looks good, however I think that something rarer should be used, such as a bone (already used for consume). However, Geo's have especially powerful skills, and quite a few of them. Maybe have a multiple-bone reagent?

Also - Heroes encourages group pvp. Geo's in groups is almost an insta-win.

Edit: Using all their skills, not having using them twice, still inflicts considerable damage.

HollowSith

Diamond
The rotten flesh idea looks good, however I think that something rarer should be used, such as a bone (already used for consume). However, Geo's have especially powerful skills, and quite a few of them. Maybe have a multiple-bone reagent?

Also - Heroes encourages group pvp. Geo's in groups is almost an insta-win.

Edit: Using all their skills, not having using them twice, still inflicts considerable damage.

I agree, Geo's in groups are very helpful. With other players to take the direct attention of your enemies, you can deal a significant amount of damage without being harmed. Usually this is due to the fact that people will go for the up close enemies hitting them in the face, rather then the little guy blasting from the back.

What is the diference between rotten flesh and bones? Both are found through enemies. Reason I was so partial to Rotten Flesh was because of the lack of use it poses at the moment and the fact you can eat it as you would food.

Malphugus

Legacy Supporter 5
just FYI: Necros use rotten flesh (for Plague). They also burn through a lot of bones (for Skeleton and UnholyRitual)