• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Geomancer Nerf

MajDeath

Portal
Geomancer can kill almost any class in a quick succession of deepfreeze+fireball+icebolt 2-4 times, a level 10 geomancer can even kill a master dreadknight easily. so logically i'm thinking cutting most of its skills damage in almost half would make it better balanced, plus increasing cool downs
So, who agrees with any of this?

A

alexhoff1

let me just get this straight..
i'm thinking cutting most of its skills damage in almost half would make it better balanced, plus increasing cool downs

way too extreme. I would disagree, though I believe they need a small debuffing.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, The Geomancer's Ranged DPS is probably in par with a Ninja's Melee DPS.

Keeping in mind that a Rogue spec + Disciple have a higher winning chance against a Geo due to their Kick.

Joka10

Soulsand
I'm a 51 (was 52 for a couple minutes today.. but that event >:O) Ninja, and while I don't really think that the Geo is OP, I have to say that the Geo is the only class that's ever been tough to fight in a fair fight for me. I don't PvP much, and I think the last time I fought caster specs other than Geos was at Temple before the PvP was turned on, but whenever I fought other caster specs there at Temple, they were usually the ones hopping back into the safe zone to heal. Geos, though, at least people who are good at it (I have slain bad ones a couple times), are a really good combat class. Op... maybe not, but I think they're the best caster spec right now.

MajDeath

Portal
Also, something about geo, in a 1 on 1 it can kill almost anyone without even being touched because of deepfreeze, icebolt, ext. deepfreeze range also allows it to beat a wizard while disabling it from getting close enough for root. aka a range nerf to root distance would be good.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Also, something about geo, in a 1 on 1 it can kill almost anyone without even being touched because of deepfreeze, icebolt, ext. deepfreeze range also allows it to beat a wizard while disabling it from getting close enough for root. aka a range nerf to root distance would be good.

As I said, The Ninja.

With Garrote + Kick (combination of an 8s skill negation), that'll halt the Geo for a good period of time. A few hits on the Geo (4-5) + Eviscerate would get the Geo to around 1/4 HP left. The rest of the fight is just about how you would approach a Geomancers combo using intelligent tactics.

EDIT: Keep in mind the they also have EscapeArtist. They can stop the extra damage from the DeepFreeze and they won't be able to cast another one because they'd dead by now.

iTzDeXy

Legacy Supporter 6
They need to have maybe a delay/cooldown between the skills or have a damage increase, or just anything that makes using combos like deepfreeze-icebolt-fireball, etc that can EASLY take any class in less than 2seconds.
I am alvl 41 sammy with 100HP and in 2-3seconds I was down to 3hearts left when the geo said he had more skills to use/cooled down and all I could do it get 1 or 2 hits off while using a swiftness postion.

They should lose there freezing skills and maybe lower fireball damge by 2hp, that should balance it, or make one of the freeze skills as a level 60 skill.
Thats my point of view, I dont know how harsh that would be on geo's but I think it would be fair.

MajDeath

Portal
As I said, The Ninja.

With Garrote + Kick (combination of an 8s skill negation), that'll halt the Geo for a good period of time. A few hits on the Geo (4-5) + Eviscerate would get the Geo to around 1/4 HP left. The rest of the fight is just about how you would approach a Geomancers combo using intelligent tactics.

EDIT: Keep in mind the they also have EscapeArtist. They can stop the extra damage from the DeepFreeze and they won't be able to cast another one because they'd dead by now.
Tactic: waist deepfreeze to get ninja to use escapeartist and get it on cd, icebolt, run in circles waiting for deepfreeze, use it, fireball, icebolt (then hes at like 10 hp)

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
They could approach you with Smoke before that can happen. That's an instant 1-2 hits + Garrote, kick and Eviscerate.

Joka10

Soulsand
I feel like a crappy ninja looking at this. I fought a geomancer and nearly died ._.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
They could approach you with Smoke before that can happen. That's an instant 1-2 hits + Garrote, kick and Eviscerate.
You're kidding right? All the skills you just said will take a good 20 stamina which ninjas do not have.

Geomancers do too much damage too easily and too quickly. I would suggest removing the first 11 damage from deep freeze and keeping the last 11. Then I would suggest increasing the cooldown a small small amount. Another HUGE issue that gets overlooked is that deep freeze only breaks on fire damage. This lets a group of 2 keep you rooted for the full duration while a melee beats the shit out of you and you cant really do a damn thing about it. Make deepfreeze break on any damage imo and deal extra if it breaks from fire.

Also people need to realize that OP simply means too powerful not OMGWTFBROKEN (though sometimes it does).

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
Haha, I realized.

I've not played a class with stamina yet so yeah...

EDIT: I do agree with Diffuse's alternative approach though!

teddytazer

Soulsand
I think the Slow/capture time on deepfreeze should be lowered. Either that or make its cool down so u can't just rinse and repeat deepfreeze/fireball combo over and over.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
smoke is useless unless you're trying to get away from someone. In the midst of battle all the opponent has to do is spam skills in multiple directions.