• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

General Nostalgia Thread

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
This thread is for posting and discussing about the "Good Old Days" in HC, it can be anything from pictures of Towns, funny anecdotes, or just general reminiscing of times past.

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll get the ball rolling with my favourite memory from the last map, the NATO - MADLUM WAR.

It spawned 3 in game poop, UMADLUMBRO, hummelz's Minecart and Wooden Hoes. :)

Blockade Take #1:
a2x37n.jpg

Then we were joined by almost all of the TOP, KOE & Neverast members online at the time (like 40, with 30 or so of them in TS), so we decided to up the defences (two tiered, inner tier was obsidian - thanks to Solidox).

2011-01-02_074814.png

2011-01-02_111052.png

Leucid

Legacy Supporter 3
I remember when we had to complete immersive and challenging dungeons to learn skills. Not like you lazy kids today just wackin cobble for xp!

Edit: the fastgrow tree dungeon was aaaaaawesome!

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Oh yeah, spell dungeons were good times. Never completed one while a spell was active inside. :x
Honestly I'd like to see spells make a comeback that way. Or just make dungeons for the sake of dungeons.

Watching the IRC conversation when we got DDOS'd by that furry (the second DDOS furry, not the first one), that was excellent. One of the finest things I've ever seen occur on the internet. Tears are welling up as I remember it.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Madlum was one of the most fun things I remember about this server. When kain finally decided to unlock the chests, hide some gold and diamonds around the town, and tell everyone in chat there was treasure there.....Such a fun pvp fest. Admins fighting, giants, dozens of mobs, and like a 30 person brawl for like 2 hours.

R3xz

Glowstone
I never saw madlum burned down in flame lol.

I was a citizen there for awhile, built that giant floating island with the tree on it and then I went to college and never went on again for 6 months lol.

Algebraic

Wood
Hate to say it but every-time i see or hear about the NATO blockade i get sick to my stomach. Just kinda made the whole area ugly.

Also:
DH CITY 1:
z0qRd.png

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
ahh, I went through four of the dungeons before they were taken down... the giant sphere of glowstone where you needed to make a leap of faith at the end? that was freakin' brilliant!

Also had a lot of fun watching someone put like 9 bounties on Acars. Good times, good times...

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
Hate to say it but every-time i see or hear about the NATO blockade i get sick to my stomach. Just kinda made the whole area ugly.

I'll be honest, a combination of a limited time frame and defensibility above all in the building stage, lead to a somewhat unattractive structure.

Also, you can't tell it from the outside, but inside those cobble walls was lots and lots of lava, just waiting for attackers to try and mine their way in. :p

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I was on hiatus during the NATO/Madlum war in January (never knew either of them, actually), so I never saw the blockade, but I did a Google image search and it came up. Internet!