• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] Ninja/Thief Armor

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Blackjack lasts for 2 minutes, so if you know where your target is you can time it correctly so it won't go off when you get close/are near them. This means you can sneak up on them without worrying about AoE. Your idea for garrote would give ninjas a utility skill, which would be ok if that's what you really want. I think it's fine how it is currently. As for blitz, it says it does 20 damage so... that's another high damage skill for them (which I imagine it is instant but you have to be in melee range for it to work).

Edit: I just think that if you play ninja correctly it can destroy better than you think/say.

Joka10

Soulsand
No, Giving ninja better armor is almost like saying lets give a 5 second cd to harmtouch and give DK layhands
I agree with wonderboy... I don't think that Ninja should get more armor, but your really exaggerating here...

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'm to lazy to read the above posts, but ninjas are about where they need to be. Stop trying to change shit that doesn't need to be changed.
#ballin_uncontrollably

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
With my experiance with ninja, garrote is an extremely hard skill to land because of its range and because of fact that smoke and sneak are broken on damage which is esential for garrote. On that note, how about making the range or garrote bigger and maybe a sec or two more of a silence.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Comment thus disregarded...
Well if you're implying that ninja's need a buff, you might be forgetting the fact that they have very high core attack damage, invisibilty, blackjack, 2 silences, and extreme speed. Why the FUCK would this class need a buff of any sort? If you intended that ninja recieve a nerf, I would only agree with that in terms of blackjack, once it procs, you're pretty much done for. I would say nerf it to 5% proc instead of 10%, if anything. That's about it.

Joka10

Soulsand
Well if you're implying that ninja's need a buff, you might be forgetting the fact that they have very high core attack damage, invisibilty, blackjack, 2 silences, and extreme speed. Why the FUCK would this class need a buff of any sort? If you intended that ninja recieve a nerf, I would only agree with that in terms of blackjack, once it procs, you're pretty much done for. I would say nerf it to 5% proc instead of 10%, if anything. That's about it.
Their stamina is unbalanced. You could say they don't have enough, it doesn't generate again fast enough, or their skills consume too much, but whichever it is, any 2 skills results in an inability to even sprint.

And I'm pretty sure blackjack is 7% though I am not sure. I can only recall one time when I got it to work, and that was at temple a couple months ago while I was wielding a watermelon ._.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
Their stamina is unbalanced. You could say they don't have enough, it doesn't generate again fast enough, or their skills consume too much, but whichever it is, any 2 skills results in an inability to even sprint.
Doesn't ninja have a sword that does 12 damage, since it's a melee class? If you space out the skills correctly your fine on stamina. How do you think every other melee class that uses stamina does it? They SPACE out their skills correctly by knowing how to play their class.

Joka10

Soulsand
Doesn't ninja have a sword that does 12 damage, since it's a melee class? If you space out the skills correctly your fine on stamina. How do you think every other melee class that uses stamina does it? They SPACE out their skills correctly by knowing how to play their class.
Every other melee class (not including thief) has very high health and/or armor to help them survive. With Ninja and Thief, it's pretty necessary to get a quick kill. Thief is better off because backstab is universally effective, whereas Ninja's Garotte is really tempermental.

If you don't finish the other person fairly quickly, it doesn't end well for you. Ninja may have stamina like Warrior classes, but it doesn't have the health or the armor to help it when it runs down.

ShizzDawgg

Godly

And I'm pretty sure blackjack is 7% though I am not sure. I can only recall one time when I got it to work, and that was at temple a couple months ago while I was wielding a watermelon ._.
That is the same with me, not that big of a deal. xD

Joka10

Soulsand
That is the same with me, not that big of a deal. xD
I'm not entirely sure to which you are referring... If it is to the first paragraph, I know that Bard can wear full chain whereas Ninja only gets a chain helm and a maximum of gold armor. That doesn't really influence stamina, but it influences the outcome somewhat when you can't get away. Also, Bard is more of a support class. I know you can do plenty of damage with a Jukebox, but Bard is moreso intended to help its teammates do heavy melee damage by providing buffs than to do heavy melee damage itself. Bard has less of a need to sprint away, generally. And with you, where generally you're with like 3 other TC, there's pretty much never a need to do that.

If it's to the second part, I've heard a lot of variety when it comes to blackjack. Personally, it never works for me. Others have it work all the time. Nothing is truly random, I guess.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
I'm not entirely sure to which you are referring... If it is to the first paragraph, I know that Bard can wear full chain whereas Ninja only gets a chain helm and a maximum of gold armor. That doesn't really influence stamina, but it influences the outcome somewhat when you can't get away. Also, Bard is more of a support class. I know you can do plenty of damage with a Jukebox, but Bard is moreso intended to help its teammates do heavy melee damage by providing buffs than to do heavy melee damage itself. Bard has less of a need to sprint away, generally. And with you, where generally you're with like 3 other TC, there's pretty much never a need to do that.

If it's to the second part, I've heard a lot of variety when it comes to blackjack. Personally, it never works for me. Others have it work all the time. Nothing is truly random, I guess.

What I meant to say was, i'm pretty stamina dependant myself. When I raid, I tend to play as an offensive bard, where I funnel icy aura and pulse as much as possible, at the cost of quicken/might. I usually use might a few seconds before entering a fight, and that's about it. This is because pulse and icy aura alone put me at low stamina, so if I attempted to quicken I would simply be to fatigued.
I believe that for the warrior/rogue classes, the weapon damage, determines the armor. Ninja has a high ass damage output, but little armor, which makes sense because if you catch somebody off guard, they're fucked.

Aetosion

Obsidian
Super-High DPS means low Armour/HP. If not, let's all give Wizards and Geos full diamond armour!