• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[General] Get rid of /home?

What should we do with /home & /spawn?

• Leave /home & /spawn, I love it!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Remove them both from all worlds, we only need /suicide!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep them in regular map, remove from hell & FFA.

• Some other solution, detailed in the thread.

• Total voters

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I played some single player while minecraft.net was down the other day, and I was shocked. Minecraft has been losing it's appeal bit by tiny bit lately, but it turns out I had been missing out on a core gameplay element and didn't even notice it.

What element is that, you ask? It is: facing any significant challenge. I am experiencing a definite lack of hardcoreness on Herocraft. I only get PVP'd on very rare occasions nowadays, and the mobs are so sparse as to be little more threat the average sheep.

So, I was exploring a cave the other day, and used /home when I was done. I thought, what would I have done in single player? I would have fought for my life to get down there in the first place, and had no real guarantee of finding my way out again. Out of food and low on health, a long way from home, inventory FULL of ore? In SP that's a real predicament, the kind that gets your blood pumping. On Herocraft that's not even worth a casual mention.

I vote we get rid of /home and replace /spawn with /suicide, at least for the free-for-all and hell maps. I say: fuck /home, it's the goddamn kiddie gloves. It's pretty much the same thing as getting free TPs from the staff, except we don't even have to ask and they always say yes. I would like to see it gone altogether, we've got herogates now and the minecart system is being worked on, making travel convenient once again.

What say you, fellow Herocrafters? Are you hardcore enough to vote yes?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the cut of your gib, Capn. SSP can be a lot of fun, and for this very reason. Madly digging down for the sweet orez in great fun, but when you're at Y=5 and you realize you have no idea how to get back out again, that's when the real game begins. Sometimes I climb out on my own again in HeroCraft, just for that feeling of fighting for my life, despite being able to use any one of a dozen mod commands to cheat my way out.

It was my understanding that regular players weren't supposed to have /home from the beginning, and that the old /mark and /recall spells were supposed to give the player the /home feeling with a small cost. Perhaps, once spells come back, making /mark and /recall forbiddingly expensive to cast? Or doing away with them altogether?

Oh how I wish we could replace /spawn with /suicide. /spawn has been left in, the way I understand it, so that one can get out of their private banks easily. (Remember, there's still the issue of donors being able /warp out of the caves and into their banks.) This is a real issue, and if there's any way we can make it so that one can't wish themselves out of a cave or a dangerous situation, I'd love to hear it.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea of a hard core sever, but I think it would be too annoying and we would lose too many people who didn't want to deal with it. The map is BIG, and I would not want to walk everywhere when I need to do something, and even finding a town to use a hero gate in would be a terrible walk when mining at the border.

Diavolo1988

Legacy Supporter 6
I think /home or /spawn is nice to have since it gives us the ability to get out of our vaults or just out in the free if we have walked outselves wild or something. (if plugins are down one can easily get trapped or something)

However, I dont think /spawn and /home should be used as a way of travel. Therefore I think we should have just /spawn in. Remove /home (also /mark and recall). That way people would have to actually use the means of travel available to them. (minecarts, herogates or walking)

On Hell and FFA I think we should replace /spawn with /suicide since one can get stuck which suxx. These are servers where one should expect that one cant just escape from dangerous situations with a spell. Now that hell is in and soon ffa too, these servers will make out the parts of the game involving danger of getting killed by someone or something. Here I think there should be 2 ways out: kill or be killed. However, in the normal server (build/creative mode) there should be possible to escape death, but with the penalty that one finds oneself far from home.

So I repeat, keep just /spawn on normal server. Just /suicide on hell/ffa. Thats my opinion anyway.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I agree diavolo, /spawn should be kept in the normal map with maybe the 10 second cast time that /home does now. As it stands /spawn takes out PvP all together, its easy to /spawn out of pvp. /home takes away most of the hardcore feeling of the game. Hell has become hardcore yes but i honestly think every map on herocraft should be hardcore, that's what is advertised and should happen. Im sure a lot would cry and whine about not having /home but they joined a hardcore server, and need to learn what hardcore really is.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
Kainzo said:
they will be removed and cost mats and be on a timer when Spells come back in.

I think instead of Herogates costing coin to use, the Herogates should be free and /recall should have a more limiting cost. That way people can still get around easily, but won't rely on personal teleports all the time. I remember that people rarely used the herogates when they cost 3c for a 1-way trip, but a 2-way trip to spawn and back only cost 5 redstone and was much faster.

I still stand by not having /home and /spawn in FFA or hell. I think that is good game design, and will make those worlds more fun for everyone.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I need spawn in hell D= My computer heats up waay too much when I explore into areas with 239875209 ghasts and a giant lava lake, so I don't like to stay there long. Gather the lightstone over the lake and /spawn out before my computer melts.