• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] Border Hopping should be Illegal

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
At the Temple Mob Arena many fights have occurred among the players. Most of these fights have been people who go out of no-pvp for less than a second, use a skill, than run back into no pvp. This is not what fighting it supposed to be. It is supposed to be elongated fights with a winner and a loser. I want to let the fights decide who is better than the other. A rule needs to be implemented that makes Border Humping illegal.

Gunmoney321

ICE ICE ICE!
Honestly, I know how ya feel. But there are those times when someone doesn't want a fight and is buying diaamonds or something. Then, border humping should be legal.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
The drama that goes into trying to monitor and manage this is so insane its just not worth it to make it illegal imo. The only solid proof would be though video recording. Making it fairly difficult for people to just enter in a petition about it.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Well when you have a 8v8 outside Temple and all out of sudden the enemy team run into no-pvp... It's quite annoying.

Also, people (especially Caster specs) stand at the border and jump in 1 sec, do a skill, then jump out. That's also annoying.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Well when you have a 8v8 outside Temple and all out of sudden the enemy team run into no-pvp... It's quite annoying.

Also, people (especially Caster specs) stand at the border and jump in 1 sec, do a skill, then jump out. That's also annoying.

Your best bet would be just to ignore them and move on, they obviously dont want to pvp, because if they do, they would follow you far enough away to where they couldnt use the no pvp spot.

Sigpit

Legacy Supporter 7
@Gunmoney321 Border Hopping is what I described above, going to get a diamond does not count as border humping.

After I posted the suggestion I was thinking of ways to enforce it. With regions there are tags that allow only the people on the region to enter. I was thinking that if you were tagged it would prohibit you from re-entering the region until it was gone. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Hmm, not allowing pvp-tagged players in is possible, but hurts the people who get attacked just trying to get through. Enforcing any kind of rule here would be atrociously time consuming. Other than recording any occurrences of this, not much can be done.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
How about you goto temple and stay in the no pvp region? If people known to border hump are trying to call you out just ignore them, and kick their ass on turf with not a no-pvp region in sight?

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
At the Temple Mob Arena many fights have occurred among the players. Most of these fights have been people who go out of no-pvp for less than a second, use a skill, than run back into no pvp. This is not what fighting it supposed to be. It is supposed to be elongated fights with a winner and a loser. I want to let the fights decide who is better than the other. A rule needs to be implemented that makes Border Humping illegal.
that was fun

Jayzy3

Glowing Redstone
I agree with this, but also believe that it would be near impossible to enforce a rule that makes everyone, or at least a majority happy.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I think people should just not be stupid and stay in the no pvp area of Temple unless you absolutely have to leave.
Most people going to temple either are there to PvP, or level. Others are trying to leave. Those who leave either make a run for the portal or recall. The issue is that the people who come to pvp, abuse the regions and run in and out to kill someone. I went there to pvp with a group, and while we dominated the area outside no pvp, it was impossible to pvp considering 99% of the people just ran out to use one or two skills to break your armor down or weaken you. People border hump cuz they know they'll die if the fight a fight they know they can't win, so in order to win they use cheap tactics like this.

I admit there is no way to monitor this, best way when it is happening is to petition or notify staff. Xanipher helped me and some friends once and she snapped at the person who kept border hopping :)

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
The problem is that this is a very hard thing to police. That being said, outside temple is not a place to pvp, nor is the herogate, nor is the graveyard, etc. if you want to pvp, go to the wilderness/fight out there, where they can't get away as easily. People only fight at temple because there is no risk involved, unless you get hardcore cc'd.

On the ofher hand, you shouldn't go into pvp unless you want to pvp. It'd be nice if there was a system that could enforce that, but making it illegal is not the correct path to follow, imo.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Ever since ma's went into wild, less people show up in my town area besides town members since templa ma stops them. The ma's have been bad rounds too ever since ma's went to wild, people want to pvp instead of ma. I would say the key to all the problems is returning ma's to their original state at spawn.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I had my first good round of temple ma today in like a long time. Normally I would get to like round 21 or less with a group but today we got to like 36. You are lucky if you have been in better groups lately. @Detarbilate compare temple ma groups from when the ma was at spawn to the ma being in the wild. Ma at spawn had way better groups.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Dwarfes, I think you are missing the point.
Kainzo moved the MAs in order to bring for PvP, and harcore stuff. Just because you cannot find a easy way to do a tedious thing, you think that it should be back to normal. Even if I love Ma, and find how simple it is to level, I find no fun to it. I could go on about other things and having a point to level, not to show you e-penis. But it's late, and I have to finish a socila studies project.

TR;DL No, I like where ma is. Screw leveling when there is PvP. You don't have to be a master class to have fun

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Ever since ma's went into wild, less people show up in my town area besides town members since templa ma stops them. The ma's have been bad rounds too ever since ma's went to wild, people want to pvp instead of ma. I would say the key to all the problems is returning ma's to their original state at spawn.
Won't happen