• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion GC/Spam Filter Plugin Issues

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
So, this is probably the thing winding the server population up the most currently. This is probably because it involves communication, something that is vital and key to this community.

At the current moment in time, chatting with people on the server is becoming extremely frustrating and annoying with this plugin. Every time you chat in quick succession, your message is caught in the spam filter (green writing non-aligned to a chat).

I realise the purpose of this is to stop spammers, which it appears to do a decent job of, however something needs to be done.

My suggestion is that this plugin be disabled for certain populations of the server, such as Veterans, Donors and Staff members.

The logic being that noone is going to donate money to the server to spam for 5 seconds, only to get banned. If they do, good income for the server, nonetheless.

In terms of 'Veterans', I'd suggest active members for over 3 months should be allowed to lose the plugin as well (although this is a more specific detail that can of course be changed accordingly).

@Kainzo - You told me to tag the person working on this plugin, I can't remember their name, I'd appreciate if you could them.
@barbas0l - Someone who also feels my struggles.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
So, this is probably the thing winding the server population up the most currently. This is probably because it involves communication, something that is vital and key to this community.

At the current moment in time, chatting with people on the server is becoming extremely frustrating and annoying with this plugin. Every time you chat in quick succession, your message is caught in the spam filter (green writing non-aligned to a chat).

I realise the purpose of this is to stop spammers, which it appears to do a decent job of, however something needs to be done.

My suggestion is that this plugin be disabled for certain populations of the server, such as Veterans, Donors and Staff members.

The logic being that noone is going to donate money to the server to spam for 5 seconds, only to get banned. If they do, good income for the server, nonetheless.

In terms of 'Veterans', I'd suggest active members for over 3 months should be allowed to lose the plugin as well (although this is a more specific detail that can of course be changed accordingly).

@Kainzo - You told me to tag the person working on this plugin, I can't remember their name, I'd appreciate if you could them.
@barbas0l - Someone who also feels my struggles.

Also disable it for private chat channels in general, I mean seriously... channel moderator can kick/ban people and change the password anytime if they spam.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Also disable it for private chat channels in general, I mean seriously... channel moderator can kick/ban people and change the password anytime if they spam.

I forgot to mention this, thank you. The spam system should be either ONLY active in public channels, OR there should be a toggle to activate it in a channel by a mod of that channel (I know this is harder/more complicated to code, but it's much cleaner).

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It's incredibly painful when handling PE's and trying to PM people. God forbid you make a typo, you're not correcting it any time soon.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
@cindy_k was the person you were looking for hatchy, I believe kainzo may have already put in a fix

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We have put in a fix to make it much less noticeable - it may still happen though.

All supporters (t1+) now have a bypass to the majority of the filters.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
We have put in a fix to make it much less noticeable - it may still happen though.

All supporters (t1+) now have a bypass to the majority of the filters.
What about for non-donators who have been here a while? I know I've donated so Im fine, but some people haven't/don't want to/can't spend the money. I assume its permissions being permissions and there's no way to single out Vets without making a new group.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What about for non-donators who have been here a while? I know I've donated so Im fine, but some people haven't/don't want to/can't spend the money. I assume its permissions being permissions and there's no way to single out Vets without making a new group.
It sucks, but its how we handle permissions and there's no gap between whitelisted > t1