• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

gabizou's Coding Streaming Possibilities?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
So, I've been approached by several people both in game and out of game asking me how to code or what people need to know to code Skills or Plugins for Bukkit.

@lhatchy1 @Davoguha @Trist95 @Moleman300 @Moralsk could be interested, but in general, I'd like to know whether the general public would be interested in seeing what happens to take an idea and put it into usable plugin state.

I would either be releasing youtube videos or just streaming off and on with a general purpose.

List of Videos:

Streams:
- First Night Streaming (2/25/14)
- Changing Some Logic in Townships (2/26/14)

Last edited:

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
So, I've been approached by several people both in game and out of game asking me how to code or what people need to know to code Skills or Plugins for Bukkit.

@lhatchy1 @Davoguha @Trist95 @Moleman300 @Moralsk could be interested, but in general, I'd like to know whether the general public would be interested in seeing what happens to take an idea and put it into usable plugin state.

I would either be releasing youtube videos or just streaming off and on with a general purpose.

Teach me Yoda

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
It might be rather interesting. I kinda wanted to know how the minecraft java coding works. I do know about Java and all other languages, but I never knew how to actually program it in minecraft.

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I think this would be very interesting and would definitely watch the videos. I have no computer coding experience at all but would love to see how coding something specific to minecraft / bukkit plugins work.

I have got the inkling to make some attempt at learning how to code a couple times, and every java tutorial i find starts with talking about programming a script to say "hello, world!" and then i quit. lol.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Sounds like the kind of thing I'd leave playing in the background.
If it's a stream I'd probably jabber stupid things in chat.

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
Stream would be a beautiful tool for an aspiring plugin developer. Twitch records your stream so you can put it as a video on youtube or keep it on twitch

Benji0904

Legacy Supporter 3
if you did this I would prefer it be on youtube
Why? If he live streamed it he could answer viewer questions on stream. With the good questions on stream from a bunch of peoples perspectives then upload to youtube it'd be better.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I would greatly appreciate a youtube series. If you'd be willing to spend your time doing this I'd be eternally grateful. I have an intermediate Java knowledge and have watched some videos on plugin coding, and the furthest I've gotten is a chat plugin. Thanks for tagging me! @gabizou

Pringle285

Legacy Supporter 4
This would be great to watch. Would be nice to start applying java to the things I enjoy doing such as minecraft and bukkit :)

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7

i would really enjoy this help learn some things that is not as easy for new people to learn that are MC code only

Galaxial

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it's an awesome idea - YouTube would definitely be cool to replay if anything was not understood (knowing me it takes a good going over to understand some code)

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
@gabizou We have talked on TS before and I am learning and taking an AP exam at the end of the year but I would love tutorials by you going into the minecraft section because it is probably what infected me with the coding bug.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
So, how about this:

Occasional YouTube videos on tutorials for specific things like how to set up an IDE or what event to listen for to cancel pvp events etc.

Streaming for the random burst of coding or bug fixing taking place on HC. I'm not sure how @Kainzo would react to me streaming bug fixing some code in various HC plugins, but there's definitely not a lot of special secret source code that would allow someone to completely recreate a plugin :p.