• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion G-Mute pm's

Ruger392

Obsidian
@Kainzo I feel as if when gmuted you should be able to pm players for the purpose of being able to communicate with town members and being able to bid on trades etc. You should be able to communicate privately and if reported as a troll in pms then get that tooken away aswell.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I feel when your globally muted you should be able to private message people. Because you cant ask townys for help or reply to a pm or even try to bid on a product in trade.
I never understood why PM were part of a GMute. I get that talking is a privilege but at least let PM's stay. They are between two people and hell, if they troll with those then they lose em.

JacobBurkey

Portal
I never understood why PM were part of a GMute. I get that talking is a privilege but at least let PM's stay. They are between two people and hell, if they troll with those then they lose em.
You used to be able to PM while gmuted, but clearly they took that away for whatever reason. And, even if they did troll with PMs there's no reason to removed their pm rights, the player can just /ignore them..

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel when your globally muted you should be able to private message people. Because you cant ask townys for help or reply to a pm or even try to bid on a product in trade.
i sit on hc everyday close to all day, not like there is pvp and now that im gmuted i can't even talk to people :/

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You used to be able to PM while gmuted, but clearly they took that away for whatever reason. And, even if they did troll with PMs there's no reason to removed their pm rights, the player can just /ignore them..
Doesn't matter. People have been muted when "They could've just used /ignore"
If you troll and harass, you deserve to lose the perms.

Ruger392

Obsidian
Doesn't matter. People have been muted when "They could've just used /ignore"
If you troll and harass, you deserve to lose the perms.
i sit on hc everyday close to all day, not like there is pvp and now that im gmuted i can't even talk to people :/
Not the point of the thread :p Would like to be able to communicate in a private way in game while being muted that way you can serve ur gmute and also be able to do basic things like bid on trades and msg towny members

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Not the point of the thread :p Would like to be able to communicate in a private way in game while being muted that way you can serve ur gmute and also be able to do basic things like bid on trades and msg towny members
I agree. My point was that they're there for basic communicating not for trying to troll others.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Global mute is a punishment - it's suppose to be severe, we wont be altering it. (ie, would require coding and time better spent else where)

Don't break rules, you wont get g-muted.

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
A change should be made though, as some issues can arise. I myself got G-muted, and it needs to be lifted as my month is up. For whatever reason, Tim can't unmute me without me being online, but now that I am, I have no way to tell him that I'm on. Perhaps allow PMs to Admins/Mods when G-muted, but have a toggle option on the Admin/mod's side to turn PMs off for the player on top of the G-mute if they keep doing whatever they were doing?