• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Forums] Chatbox?

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't know what forums software you guys are utilizing but there may be a shoutbox block or add-on that you can add to the front page? If not, you could always embed a xat shoutbox or a shoutbox from a different service? It'd be a tool that could be used to help the community expand. Staff from the server could also be labeled as staff on the chatbox and moderate unruly users.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
samsoccerboyz said:
Brutalacerate said:
Angusward said:
Wowpatrick said:

Rule 1: You don't bump things nobody cares enough about to answer to.

I didn't read that rule anywhere.
`it just came in a memo its called the rules that people inforce that have no right to

Damn, I didn't get the memo. I'll let this guy do his job then. See ya.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Angusward said:
Wowpatrick said:

Rule 1: You don't bump things nobody cares enough about to answer to.

Constructive criticism is welcome but not your useless jibber jabber. If you said it nicely, 3 people wouldn't have lost respect for you. Now I know you are going to say you don't care, but if you didn't care, you wouldn't try to impress people with your trolling and flame baiting skills.

On another note: Bump! :)

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Well, we do have an IRC channel on the Gamesurge server. I haven't heard the administration talk about hosting our own chat server (most chat happens in-game while the server is up, anyway), but this would probably be a neat idea, if the price is right.

Angusward

Gold
Constructive criticism is welcome but not your useless jibber jabber.
You mean like "Bump"?

If you said it nicely, 3 people wouldn't have lost respect for you.
I have nothing but respect for these upstanding members of the forum, and I have faith that they reciprocate to a certain degree, despite my unfortunate habit of being blunt with single-word double-posters. Next time, I shall merely inform the transgressors that single word posts such as, and I quote, "Bump", are generally frowned upon. For now, accept my deepest apologies.
Now I know you are going to say you don't care, but if you didn't care, you wouldn't try to impress people with your trolling and flame baiting skills.
I care, just not specifically about you. I'm sure many players on the server can attest to the fact that I am generally quite agreeable and not given to trolling or other "e-bonics", though a rise of this nature tends to put me on the defensive.

Now, as to your idea, since the drama made me care enough to answer to it: I don't find it objectionable, though we do have a Teamspeak server here which serves the purpose fairly well:
TeamSpeak 3:

- Server: TS.HerocraftOnline.com
- Port: 10055
- P/W: dhrocks

We also have an irc, as was said above, but I don't think it's used as much as the teamspeak. Don't quote me on that though.

Wowpatrick

Legacy Supporter 7
Angusward said:
Constructive criticism is welcome but not your useless jibber jabber.
You mean like "Bump"?

If you said it nicely, 3 people wouldn't have lost respect for you.
I have nothing but respect for these upstanding members of the forum, and I have faith that they reciprocate to a certain degree, despite my unfortunate habit of being blunt with single-word double-posters. Next time, I shall merely inform the transgressors that single word posts such as, and I quote, "Bump", are generally frowned upon. For now, accept my deepest apologies.
Now I know you are going to say you don't care, but if you didn't care, you wouldn't try to impress people with your trolling and flame baiting skills.
I care, just not specifically about you. I'm sure many players on the server can attest to the fact that I am generally quite agreeable and not given to trolling or other "e-bonics", though a rise of this nature tends to put me on the defensive.

Now, as to your idea, since the drama made me care enough to answer to it: I don't find it objectionable, though we do have a Teamspeak server here which serves the purpose fairly well:
TeamSpeak 3:

- Server: TS.HerocraftOnline.com
- Port: 10055
- P/W: dhrocks

We also have an irc, as was said above, but I don't think it's used as much as the teamspeak. Don't quote me on that though.

Than I owe you an apology sir. I spoke too fast and didn't take all facts into consideration. I'm sorry.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Well - I wouldnt mind getting a shoutbox set up, however, an IRC box may be more beneficial. We're doing things and pushing the front page very soon.

Thanks for the suggestions - we love them! (even if they appear stupid to others - I do read everyone that comes in)

Don't 'not' suggestion something because you think someone will shoot it down. That's what a suggestions forum is about!