• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Forum Shoutbox

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

AussieDingbat

Legacy Supporter 5
If possible we should integrate the IRC into the forum, otherwise I feel that we should dump IRC in favour of shoutbox, basically, why 2 when 1 have would suffice.

MessyJesse805

ICE ICE ICE!
Basically it'd be a rather medium sized window on the forums where you can just type and shout it out to everyone that's on the forums.

A quicker way of getting some information out maybe, stuff like that.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
I think we should either have a Chatbox or IRC implemented onto the main page of the Forums.

Why?

Well, instead of people posting topics like "Is the server down?" or if any non-Herocraft members have questions before applying, they could be answered here. Convenience is what I'm agreeing with this for.

Not everyone knows how to connect to IRC and I get CONSTANT PM's when the server goes down asking when it will be back or if it's actually down, etc.

I have no problem answering them, of course, but if we had a tiny chatbox that had IP Ban capabilities so that I could keep it clean in there, no spam or abuse, this would be great!

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
If possible we should integrate the IRC into the forum, otherwise I feel that we should dump IRC in favour of shoutbox, basically, why 2 when 1 have would suffice.

And yes, I agree on the 1 or the other point; well said, but I think we should implement IRC onto the main forum page then! Would be so badass!

Just a simple type in your name and click connect thing, just like we have on the actual Herocraftonline page.

Considering people come here to post questions and shit, why not just have a handy little IRC box right there? It will save so much time and keep the forums clean of the unnecessary threads.

I really want this. Haha.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
We should also be able to make pages and 'like' them. We could add people as friends, and play Farmville together too! Oh joy, this will be great!!!

Anyways I think that we should have a chatroom implemented. If the shoutbox's purpose is to speed up communication, then a chatroom would be more suited for this job.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Well, we have IRC, like I stated above, but I think we should implement IRC on the main page; would be useful.

And as far as your first paragraph; shutup. Hahahahahaha. That made me laugh.

So far we can "Like" posts! Haha. And "follow" people! Woo!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, we have IRC, like I stated above, but I think we should implement IRC on the main page; would be useful.

And as far as your first paragraph; shutup. Hahahahahaha. That made me laugh.

So far we can "Like" posts! Haha. And "follow" people! Woo!

One major flaw though....
I cannot harvest my crops!

pyrokinetic

Legacy Supporter 4
Why not just put a mibbit IRC window onto the website??

I could code a nice fancy floating box for it or something so it won't be in the way.

RedKhan

Soulsand
Surprised there isn't something like this attached to the forums already, big yes.

IRC is dead whenever I join anyway.