• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion For Ninjas.

yoIyo

Obsidian
I feel Backstab shouldn't be their lvl 60 skill, how about something with damage and utility as a reward for all that hardwork grinding 1-60.
My suggestion,
-Throat Stab, Stam cost: 5 yummy lil bars, no mana cost, but some type of reagent?
- Dealing X amount of damage, causing target to bleed for X amount of time while dealing X amount of damage per tick.
- While target is bleeding, the user gains a Speed Boost?

- Or Bleeding the target for X amount of time, dealing X amount of damage per tick, target is crippled causing their movement speed or vision to decrease?

yoIyo

Obsidian
Energize does seem quite interesting, but i still feel backstab is somewhat useless, even with blackjack stuns, you can hit them more and hope for the proc, or blitz, in which blitz does true damage.. obvious choice.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I got PewPewPewLasers to test how fast he could kill me as a level 60 ninja. When I stood still and let him hit me from behind, I was dead before I could say stop in teamspeak (about 2 seconds).

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
- While target is bleeding, the user gains a Speed Boost?

Uhhhhh no.
As I've played every healer spec, Cleric not included, I can tell you that I can 'outplay' and outrun a Ninja in a skirmish for 2 minutes. The second he gets close to me and hits me though, even if I have 10 hearts, I will die, no questions asked, in 5 seconds. Giving a Ninja a speed-boost aside from EscapeArtist would be hilariously awful for any class wearing leather armor.

yoIyo

Obsidian
Aren't Rogues the Bane of healers? Disciple can hold it own, but other then that i don't see your arguement.. cause as of i see it, Samurai = Tankier/better ninja.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Aren't Rogues the Bane of healers? Disciple can hold it own, but other then that i don't see your arguement.. cause as of i see it, Samurai = Tankier/better ninja.

There still has to be a balance.

Backstab is all but useless....

I hope your not being sarcastic here Kainzo. Backstab is honestly pretty worthless after combat starts. You get the lucky chance of a proc, but after combat breaks Sneak, you really don't see it proc.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I hope your not being sarcastic here Kainzo. Backstab is honestly pretty worthless after combat starts. You get the lucky chance of a proc, but after combat breaks Sneak, you really don't see it proc.
What has Sneak to do with Backstab? Every time you hit from behind the target, you have a 20% chance of doing extra damage.

c12095

Holy Shit!
What has Sneak to do with Backstab? Every time you hit from behind the target, you have a 20% chance of doing extra damage.

Unless the code was changed, sneak increased the Backstab multiplier chance to 80% I believe it was.

kongrave

Portal
gotta agree with c12 i feel that its too rng the only time you get bsckstabs in a 1v1 is when you get a blackjack proc or if you sneak up on your opponent(cant happen in arena without the use of smoke) and even when youre behind them its a 20% to backstab its just so luck based.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think if Backstab "proc" was removed and changed to X increased Damage 100% chance when hitting from behind, we would see a smarter ninja, one who depended on positioning and awareness more than the current class of player does.